[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me about some writers who dealt with the philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image37.jpg (14 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
image37.jpg
14 KB, 203x248
Can someone tell me about some writers who dealt with the philosophy of suicide?
>inb4 Camu
>>
>>7744647
Gene Wolfe, of course!
>>
>>7744652
Don't read much fantasy, are you serious or just memeing?
>>
>>7744658
absolutely serious. His main character Severus S. often contemplates suicide in a meaningful manner, being unable to deal with the tragic moments of his sadness of being wrenched away from his beloved Helga. Really thoroughly researched and heartfelt view at the heartbreak of man, honestly.
>>
>>7744658
He said the words "Gene" and "Wolfe", so he's just memeing.
>>
File: 1453827134204.jpg (17 KB, 257x276) Image search: [Google]
1453827134204.jpg
17 KB, 257x276
>Camu
>>
File: 1446289356237.jpg (127 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
1446289356237.jpg
127 KB, 576x635
>>7744647
Schopenhauer

Also, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy_of_suicide
>>
>>7744685
Well it's not like he was using the S. Always hated the French. Wasting perfectly good letters like that.
>>
Emil Cioran
>>
>>7745109
Seconding Cioran.
>>
>>7744647
david hume suicide
>>
Pierre Drieu la Rochelle wrote a short novel about suicide called Le Feu follet
it is very good and I'm surprised it never gets talked about on lit
it deals with a young man who wanders in Paris after having left his addiction to heroin behind and he meets up with some of his old friends and he ends up killing himself at the end. Before that there is an excellent dialogue about why he does it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.