[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mostly /v/irgin, how do i get into greek philosophy, what is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: itslikepottery.jpg (12 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
itslikepottery.jpg
12 KB, 600x325
mostly /v/irgin, how do i get into greek philosophy, what is a captivating book to start with?
>>
Start here:
http://www.theosofie.be/A_PDF/Plato_Complete_Works.pdf
>>
Heraclitus is the best place to start with Greek philosophy and he's quite captivating
>>
Go see the St John's college curriculum.
>>
start with homer
>>
>>7744459
to get into greek philosophy try starting with the greeks
>>
File: logo.jpg (84 KB, 448x625) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
84 KB, 448x625
>>
>>7744459
Skip the greeks and start right away with Husserl.
>>
Bronze age mythology > Iliad and Odyssey > (pre socratics & Sophists) > Socrates never wrote anything but learn about him > Plato > Aristotle > (Epicureans & Stoics)

Parenthetical pieces being optional.
>>
Someone post the 11 part philosophy charts and help this poor lad out.
>>
>>7745802
this
>>
>>7745802
I'm taking a shit right now one sec
>>
>>7744463
This is the correct answer. Fuck anyone who says start with Plato.
>>
>>7747932
Sounds good. I'm sure people will be waiting.
>>
>>7744463
Heraclitus and the Miletians are a great place to look for some of the formative ideas that went into Socrates but you don't really need to read them. Watch some youtube lectures on them to get the gist of what they're saying before starting with Plato.
>>
>>7744459
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/presocratics/
>>
well getting into greek philosophy won't help to get you laid if you're a virgin
>>
o
>>
>>7744459
start with the babylonians
>>
11 philosophy charts or gtfo...
>>
>>7744463
all 10 pages?
>>
>>7751964
>>7745802
this?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.