[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some poems that are experimental in the way that they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1454048702100.jpg (168 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1454048702100.jpg
168 KB, 750x750
What are some poems that are experimental in the way that they're put together or formatted?

E.g. different colored ink/text, backwards, upside down, whatever

Does anyone know of poems that use different colored ink/text interestingly?
>>
No that's gay
>>
>>7744295
>thinking new art is gay
go to bed granpa
>>
Not poetry, but House of Leaves did this.

I rather liked it.
>>
Arguably the only one to do that sort of stuff with any measure of success is E. E. Cummings. Even then, I think he's very hit-or-miss. Generally speaking I think that messing with poetic format is just going to distract away from the substance and proper flow of a poem with a gimmick which amuses for a couple minutes and is soon forgotten. The whole purpose of a poem is to have its flow and rhythm remembered, which of course follow logically from the subject and deeper meaning, and so have the reader keep that deeper meaning in their heart forever. To fiddle with format too much is just to create a puzzle with words, and not a thing of the heart.
>>
>>7744384
Not knowing how to capitalize or punctuate isn't experimental.
>>
>>7744394
Thinking that cummings didn't know those things is pretty ignorant. He really did learn the rules before breaking them.
>>
I think the anchor is pretty classy, I would pretend I'm fucking a pirate.
>>
>>7744384
Honestly, "l(a" was what got me interested in poetry.
>>
>>7744292
Literally the only acceptable tattoo is the skeleton frog on a Navy SEAL.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.