[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are drugs an important part of being literary? is it worth sacrificing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1446003255125s.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446003255125s.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
are drugs an important part of being literary? is it worth sacrificing a portion of your intellect for some insight granting experiences?
>>
>>7743625
Pretty sure doing shrooms a couple of times a year apart isn't going to make you dumber.
>>
its probably not. I had a friend who lost -50 intellect when he did E
>>
>>7743639
I've heard of this, but then I also know people who did a fuckton of E and coke in college who are going to good medical and other grad schools.
>>
>>7743639
Yeah but he gains +60 CHR every time he drops.
>>
If you got the perk upgrade resistance to adverse effects of drugs, you're golden. Otherwise, well, you're fucked, and even pissants like Stephen King can drop adderall and shit on you. Should've read the manual, chump. Just whatever you fucking do, take the Rad-X before you go to the radioactive blast zone.
>>
>>7743625
I've done exactly pic related except without the part of having sex.
>>
I read that mix of dxm with codeine feels like mdma, is this true?
>>
Drugs don't actually make you dumber in the longterm, you're stupid
>>
>>7743625
nah
>>
>>7743888

nearly every worthwhile study suggests they do

you are causing completely unnatural levels of oxidative stress whenever you achieve an unnatural level of stimulation

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-long-term-side-effects-from-MDMA-Ecstasy
>>
>>7743908

maybe MDMA but regular psychedelics like LSD or mushrooms don't have any negative long-term side-effects for the vast majority of people that do them
>>
>>7743908
Oh man, I've done E way too many times to read that. Ignorance is bliss, baby.
>>
>>7743625
Burroughs did heroin most of his life, and I recall one particular interview when he said that drugs are the most anti-literary thing on the planet, hallucinogens included.

I did LSD twice, tried marijuana a few times and that's it, I won't try them again. Maybe a ketamine therapy under supervision, but otherwise - thanks.
>>
>>7743913
It's pretty easy to induce some psychosis-like effects if you take too much of a psychedelic. It doesn't have to be permanent but still, it's long term and negative.
>>
Would Pynchon have ever reached his current level without all the drugs he had done?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.