[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so I got Catcher from a friend, this edition, and, first,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 81c1aze6+cL.jpg (294 KB, 1550x2560) Image search: [Google]
81c1aze6+cL.jpg
294 KB, 1550x2560
Ok, so I got Catcher from a friend, this edition, and, first, I gotta say, the first pages, "ow the edge" and second, is this edition pic related worth having or is it heavily edited? Also, second pic I post is older, with a much more interesting cover, how much is it worth on good condition?
>>
File: catcher-rye-signet-1962.jpg (18 KB, 125x190) Image search: [Google]
catcher-rye-signet-1962.jpg
18 KB, 125x190
This one is the one I'm asking if it's worth anything.
>>
File: 1454792519944.jpg (50 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454792519944.jpg
50 KB, 320x240
>>7740471
>>7740475
>>
It's his worst book, but it's also better than anything Vonnegut ever wrote.
>>
>>7740471
He's supposed to be edgy.
>>
If you think that Catcher in the Rye is bad because someone you don't like, likes it, than insist you kill yourself now.

The book is fantastic. Holden is of course a bitch, but that's the point. His growth, or at the very least self-realization to some degree is the point.
>>
>>7740961

is self-realization necessarily egoistical / individualistic ?
>>
You'll be saying, "ow the edge" throughout the entire book.

Now read it fag.
>>
>>7741249
Is "ow the edge" a /lit/ meme from now on?
>>
why would you make such a retarded and worthless thread. fuck off you retard
>>
>>7741527
Are you from 9gag.
>>
>>7741594
Is 9gag even a thing, anymore?
>>
>>7741627
>>
>>7740804
It was the only book he wrote. How can you say it's his worst? Unless you're including his short stories.
>>
>>7741809
what is Fran and Zooey?
>>
>>7741809
of course I'm including his short stories you fag
>>
>>7740961
How is Holden a bitch? Everyone else in the book is more of a bitch than him.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.