[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Meridian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Judge.jpg (714 KB, 949x1200) Image search: [Google]
Judge.jpg
714 KB, 949x1200
>Everybody don't have to have a reason to be someplace.
>That's so, said the judge. They do not have to have a reason. But order is not set aside because of their indifference. Let me put it this way, if it is so that they themselves have no reason and yet are indeed here must they not be here by reason of some other? And if this is so can you guess who that other might be?
>No. Can you?
>I know him well.
>This is an orchestration for an event. For a dance in fact. The participants will be apprised of their roles at the proper time. For now it is enough that they have arrived. As the dance is the thing with which we are concerned and contains complete within itself its own arrangement and history and finale there is no necessity that the dancers contain these things within themselves as well. In any event the history of all is not the history of each nor indeed the sum of those histories and none here can finally comprehend the reason for his presence for he has no way of knowing even in what the event consists. In fact, were he to know he might well absent himself and you can see that that cannot be any part of the plan if plan there be. The evening's progress will not appear strange or unusual even to those who question the rightness of the events so ordered.

What did he mean by this?
>>
When will posting these shitty 'what did he mean by this'-threads be a bankable offense?
>>
>>7739632
I have lurked /lit/ and determined that, not unlike the rest of the boards, memes are the most effective mode of communication, especially in the OP.

What are your thoughts on the dance, anon?
>>
>>7739641
Kill yourself
>>
>>7739648
Well meme'd, friend. You learn fast.
>>
take your genre garbage back to r/books
>>
>>7739693
Excellent recommendation. I will do as much when I find the responses here unsatisfactory in aiding me in my goal of learning more about Blood Meridian. Thank you for visiting, friend.
>>
>>7739725
Wat did u meaned with this?? Lmao XD
>>
>>7739648
>>7739656
kek
>>
It continues...
>We are not speaking in mysteries. You of all men are no stranger to that feeling, the emptiness and the despair. It is that which we take arms against, is it not? Is not blood the tempering agent in the mortar which bonds? What do you think death is, man? Of whom do we speak when we speak of a man who was and is not? Are these blind riddles or are they not some part of every man's jurisdiction? What is death if not an agency? And whom does he intend toward?

Explain this craziness to me.
>>
This is the point where you fully understand the judge is supernatural. He tells the kid about things only the kid would know (leaving Shelby live in the when Elias was chasing them, abandoning Toby in the mountains).
He's saying that he has orchestrated the events (and likely previous events in the book). Even though nobody notices and they feel they are doing their own thing it's all part of the judges plan.

The rest is up for interpretation.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.