[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going traveling and I don't want to carry my bookshelf.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
I'm going traveling and I don't want to carry my bookshelf. Which one should I buy?
>>
>>7739295
I have the newest touch screen kindle and love it. I downloaded a torrent of hundreds of .mobis before I went travelling Europe and read a ton
>>
Kobo GloHD or Kobo Aura H2O if you want to read underwater.
>>
>>7739295
Kindle Paperwhite

Same shitty question every day, use Google.
>>
>>7741161
>>7741194
Whatever you do OP, don't listen to Amazon shills.

They're a shitty company with overpriced hardware that deliberately uses a closed system and is also known for blackmailing authors.

Buying things from Amazon hurts literature more than pirating books.
>>
>>7741208
Oh here is the Kobo marketing team again.
>>
>>7741209
Get anything else for all I care, just not Amazon shit.
>>
>>7741208
>They're a shitty company with overpriced hardware
The Paperwhite is cheaper than the equivalent Kobo and is a better product.

The best course of action is to buy a Paperwhite and then just pirate ebooks.
>>
>>7741218
Kobo GloHD: €109
Kindle Paperwhite: €142

Might be different in America though.
>>
>>7741228
I'm in Europe and the Glo is 120€ with the newest Paperwhite being 99.
>>
How is that for multiple pdf files, bookmarks, opening and closing all the time (studying grammars and checking stuff out) and accessing clouds?
>>
>>7741254
Get a tablet for that and an ereader for reading books.
>>
>>7741208
dude, you can jailbreak that shit and then it's a linux pc you can carry around with you
>>
>>7741261
I'll probably just get Air 2.
>>
>>7741280
I cant argue with that (im not /g/ and love my air) but the battery life for kindles is sooooo much longer, and I hate laying down to read and seeing my Ipad drop from 15% to 5% when a book is getting good.
>>
>>7741241
That's a pretty big difference. Which country?
>>
Kindle Paperwhite is simple, has good features, a nice screen, and a great battery life. Pretty cheap too.
>>
all it takes is 5 minutes on the kobo website reading reviews of it's products to know they are shit and their customers hate them
>>
>>7741218
how is it better?
>>
>>7742110
I have both a Kindle and a Kobo, I prefer the latter to be honest.

Kindle has terrible typography.
>>
File: 1455558671247.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455558671247.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>7741208
>overpriced
>closes system

>not buying a refurb kindle 4 for $40 from Amazon itself
>not using #bookz for things you can't find in stores
>not buying your favorites physically for your bookshelf

You're fucking your own ass and willingly lubing up for round two
>>
>>7742384
>>not buying your favorites physically for your bookshelf
Cute but somewhat dumb girl detected.
>>
>>7742400
>buying books you've already read
Is your ego so shallow that you have to display your books?
>>
>>7742490
I was literally quoting, not implying.
>>
I'm in the same position as OP. Kobo looks comfy, is a paperwhite easy to jail break?
>>
>>7743418
>s a paperwhite easy to jail break?
You shouldn't want a device that you have to force to function like it's supposed to, anon.
>>
>>7743418
why jailbreak? Juan Wuolpi can be put on it straight out of the box.
>>
Are there any stores where I can try out a Kobo before buying it?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.