[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he being ironic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1443148855867.jpg (230 KB, 1216x1878) Image search: [Google]
1443148855867.jpg
230 KB, 1216x1878
Was he being ironic?
>>
>>7736181
Nope, he's just an idiot.
>>
What I get from this is that fundamentally romance is a completely trash genre. Just the worst fucking dregs of literature. The proper response to his diatribe isn't to attack female romance writers LESS, it's to attack male romance writers MORE. All writers of romance should be ruthlessly hounded out of the writer community.
>>
I wonder how much his own experience as a writer of popular trash novels informs his new found respect for other popular trash novels.
>people enjoy it so it can't be bad!
>>
>>7736181
he's just a true pleb.
>>
We get it, you don't read YA anymore, it's trash, good for fucking you, now stop making these threads
>>
>>7736181
It's like rain on your wedding day
>>
>>7736181

Nope. He is convinced that by taking this position he will be able to more attractive to the ladies. This is true for most of the cucks that buy into this.
>>
>>7736190
You ever read The Sound of the Waves? I liked it.
>>
File: ingrid_bergmanl.jpg (109 KB, 459x576) Image search: [Google]
ingrid_bergmanl.jpg
109 KB, 459x576
The key to understanding his motivation for writing this wall of text lies within tweet #4 "we're ridiculing the enthusiasm people have for unironic lovestories.."

By defending Stephenie Meyer he's also defending himself because he too is an author of "unironic lovestories" that people love to criticize.
>>
Very likely he and Meyer share reader demographics so he wants to calm them down.
>>
He was right
>>
>>7736181
who? also I never make fun of stuff I have not read/seen/etc I saw all twilight movies at least 3 times (one of them rifftrax) and its not a love story. its a boring girl version of "MC is a hero with a big dick and all the girls love him" story and unlike other female stories of its kind it did not even bother giving the girl token titles like being the world greatest assassin or something.
>>
No, he is not. They are both horrible writers and their books are a cancer for the world of literature. I would have been surprised if he hadn't liked Twilight, honestly.
>>
They're both terrible, but here, green is right. Feminists and numales like to read discrimination into angsty teenage romance novels when it just isnt there.
>>
>>7736181

No he's posting that on purpose
>>
>>7737749

I haven't really heard the argument that Twilight is discriminatory or misogynistic. I'm pretty sure people don't like it because it's poorly written and the movies are poorly directed and look like an episode of a crappy TV show despite having the budget of a summer blockbuster.
>>
>>7737749

you're an idiot.

twilight, like all literature, is a look into the subconscious of the author. meyer's - or whatever her name is - just happens to be the product of extreme misogyny. i mean she's a fucking mormon dude..
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.