[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all the characters so unlikable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 919-FLL37TL.jpg (615 KB, 1553x2552) Image search: [Google]
919-FLL37TL.jpg
615 KB, 1553x2552
Why are all the characters so unlikable
>>
Because it's a book about mood and setting and theme, not characters.

No, I didn't say the mood and setting and themes were good. Don't put words in my mouth, asshole.
>>
>>7736006
Lol my baaaad
>>
He borrowed that from Dostoyevsky.
>>
>>7736006
Kek veteran poster
>>
The characters arent there to be your friends t b h

feels like this is some modern meme
>>
Jamie is imminently likable. I did in his first appearance and have since.
>>
>>7735998
>not liking Arya
are you a fagget by chance?
>>
>>7735998
>le serious face man
>le psychotic lady
>le witty jester imp
>le YA protagonist secret prince with magic animal and sword
>le tomboy who can kill men just as well as any man
>le disillusioned bimbo
>le magic cripple
>le shiny handsome asshole
>le crazy cunt
>le incompetent king
>le scared fat boy

am I missing any?
>>
>>7736177
>le shitposter
>>
File: House Manderly.png (131 KB, 571x629) Image search: [Google]
House Manderly.png
131 KB, 571x629
>>7736115
>>7736167
Here are two likable characters.

Jon grows on you, too. Keep reading. If you don't at least understand where Stannis, Loras, Cersei, and Barristan are coming from and aren't even a bit sympathetic to Theon once you read all the books, I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
>>
>>7736285
Don't see how I should feel sympathetic to Theon. Especially when he'll turn out fine.
>>
>>7736303
Are you on book one, anon?
>>
>>7736315
Hilarious.
>>
>>7736323
[spoilers]Theon Greyjoy does not turn out fine[/spoilers]
>>
>>7736330
He deserves all of it and worse. And he will turn out fine.
>>
>>7736335
literally how can he turn out fine?
>>
>>7736115
>imminently likable

learn the english language before posting on this board you illiterate clown
>>
>>7736437
If you're going to be pissy over nothing you should avoid looking like a hypocrite while doing so.
>>
>>7736451

how do i appear like a hypocrite?
>>
Because it's just a shitty fantasy
>>
>>7735998
because you're only reading the sansa and catelyn chapters.
>>
>>7736115

I liked Jaime when he was a bad guy cause he was basically based as fuck and then when he started a redemption arc I was also happy because now one of my favourite guys was just gunna become a protag and that's fine too cause he keeps his based attitude.
>>
>>7735998

>reading garbage genre fiction

Because they're in a shit book series written by a hack writer that can only squat in the grass and pass shiterature.
>>
>>7735998
Davos Seaworth and Brynden Tully. Best Characters.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.