[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me (your favorite) poetry, fit for a child.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: aliceinwonderlandbookcover.jpg (19 KB, 254x393) Image search: [Google]
aliceinwonderlandbookcover.jpg
19 KB, 254x393
Recommend me (your favorite) poetry, fit for a child.
>>
Metamorphoses, its a family tradition for me. Just gloss over the rape parts.
>>
>>7735987

Lewis Carroll
>>
>>7736000

The Crocodile

by Lewis Carroll
How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin!
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!
>>
is shell silverstein a hack?
>>
>>7735987
The Odyssey
>>
Robert Luis Stevenson
>>
>>7735994
>>7736117
thanks guys
>>
A. A. Milne is nice.
>>
>>7735987
Robert Frost
>>
>>7735987
The only answer is clearly The Tiger by Blake
>>
>>7735987
I read Poe to my daughter with a raven puppet, and some of his other ones like the haunted castle and Annabel Lee

Longfellow is pretty good

Also I go to my public library which has tons of illustrated collections of great poets more famous and simple poems for kids... Coleridge, Frost, Byron etc etc
>>
the best thing for any child is a good dictionary and a story that excites their interest.
>>
Leaves of Grass
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.