[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crash Course
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: photo.jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
47 KB, 900x900
So /lit/ I'm not sure if this board is the right one to ask, but do you guys think any of the Crash Course Series are any good?

I mean I enjoyed their History series, although I was told by a number of people that it didn't go very in depth (duh, 11min video), had a lot of bias, generally looked at things from the point of view of a grade 10 no doesn't care, and so on.

So what about their economics, or sciences series? They any good?
>>
Sjw shit
>>
>>7734935
Reddit videos
>>
>>7734951
>>7734981
Go on...
>>
KEK COURSE STARING NORMIE SENSATION JOHN "DICK IN MUH CHEERIOS" GREEN.
>>
File: Orion212_Volskiy_5574.jpg (599 KB, 800x692) Image search: [Google]
Orion212_Volskiy_5574.jpg
599 KB, 800x692
>>7734935
The astronomy one isn't bad anon. Phil knows what he's talking about, has an interesting background and the content is good for someone that's just starting to learn. Most of the videos are accurate and for the ones that have an error, you can simply check the comments and there's going to be a correction there.
>>
>>7735012
C U C K*
>>
>>7735015
At least Phil doesn't compare fucking hundreds of men to eating cereal.
>>
The chemistry ones are good to cover the basics you'll need for a college degree.
>>
It's ok for refreshing subjects you know since before. Learning subject wholly new - not so much.
>>
>>7734935
Khan academy is better.

Sal Khan actually has several Ivy League degrees and is an acclaimed educator who keeps his politics in his pocket. He also does not write YA lit.
>>
File: 1453602179337.jpg (160 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1453602179337.jpg
160 KB, 600x709
>>7735015
Um, excuse me. I think you'll find his name is Hank.
>>
>>7735482
2nd this. Khan academy is far harder to grasp than crash course but gives an overall better learning experience.
>>
>>7735760
i've seen so many people here shit talk KA. I-is it safe?
>>
>>7735567
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>7735768
For math, sure. Superb.
>>
You would be better off pirating Teaching Company courses or using open UCLA, Yale, or Stanford courses.

The professors know its entertainment for some and try to make it enjoyable, and its also geared at educated laymen, not an internet audience.

There are tons of torrents for this shit
>>
>>7735887
>>There are tons of torrents for this shit
Not enough for the teaching company. A lot of the uploaded ones are garbage. Or purely in audio form.
>>
>>7735891
>Or purely in audio form
This is completely true, I was thinking you were approaching this from an "I need something informative to listen to while I commute/workout/do chores"
>>
The History series is such shit. The rest is fine although it's for teenagers.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.