[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thinly vieled homework thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: kKzesMw.jpg (250 KB, 2736x1544) Image search: [Google]
kKzesMw.jpg
250 KB, 2736x1544
You have to do a serious monologue for a theatre class, 2-5 minutes, memorized. You can choose from anything but plays are best. What do you choose?
>>
The conjectural poem by Borgaroos
>>
>>7734926
My last duchess by Robert Browning
>>
When I was in highschool I did a monologue from An Inspector Calls (think that is what it was called) and it was e.z.

If I did one now I'd do Ahab's doubloon in the mask and foam at the mouth.
>>
Whitman. The audience and myself will both be crying at "i shake my locks at the runaway sun".
>>
>>7734926

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYIKTT5QV6M
>>
>>7734949
>Ahab's doubloon
That would be a good one.
That was a good chapter. Fuck stubb is funny.

Also any Shakespearean monologue would be good.
>>
>>7734948
Do a Robert Browning, he basically invented poetic monologues and they're gorgeous. My vote is for the Spanish Cloister
>>
>>7735020
Plus you would get to start with "grrr".
>>
>>7735010
If you're going to do a Shakespeare monologue, you should pick one from a play you know, and try to do one you choose from the play, not from a Buzzfeed of best Shakespeare Soliloquys
>>
>>7735028
That's pretty much why I would recommend it. If you want, Browning does a Caliban one, can't remember what it's called now, that's like Shakespeare.
>>
>>7735010
the st. crispin's day speech is a sure winner
>>
That monologue Walt gives Walt Jr. about his dad dying is something I've wanted to perform since I saw it a few years back.

As others have said Robert Browning would be great. I've only read The Bishop Orders His Tomb at St. Praxed's Church, but I loved it.

Maybe a political speech. You could go Thucydides and read Pericles' funeral oration, or you could do a more recent one. Might be neat to take a speech Trump made and see how long it takes your classmates to realize you're memeing them.
>>
Socrates in the apology.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.