[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a philosopher ice berg chart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1453500174457.jpg (2 MB, 2301x1834) Image search: [Google]
1453500174457.jpg
2 MB, 2301x1834
Is there a philosopher ice berg chart?
>>
>>7734623
That's not an ice berg you dip

The most accessible ones are at the very bottom, have you ever heard the term "tip of the ice berg" as in the very accessible thing you see first?
>>
>>7734630
>That's not an ice berg
yeah no shit. you know what i mean
>>
>>7734637
a pyramid
>>
according to accessibility or obscurity?
>>
>>7734623
This Guy is TYPE-V
>http://wayback.archive.org/web/20150421024215/http://www.timecube.com/
>>
>>7734711
Wtf am i reading?
>>
>>7734718
le timecube meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2UCqL5qyo
>>
>>7734727
Poor guy :(
>>
>>7734727
>american education
>>
>>7734738
>generalizing 400 million people
>>
>>7734816
That is not what he's doing, though.
>>
Lynchfags are literally the worst of humanity. This is not to say I do not enjoy the films of David Lynch but his cult is just disgusting, smug, closed minded pseudointellectuals and assholes.

Also, in what way are James Benning's observational nature films (which are great btw) less 'accessible' than someone like Ruiz? I feel like these charts are made to place the creator's favorite artists always at the top. Like a really roundabout means of ego stroking.
>>
>>7734843
i thought this chart was about literal accessibility...? as in the ability to watch the films of each director.
>>
>>7734843
It's funny because DFW was a Lynchfag and this further proves your point
>>
>>7734727
So is he talking about timezones?
>>
>>7734623
I don't know but there should be.
>>
From most pleb/accessible to most patrish/difficult:

Level 0 - Analytic (non-technical): Anglo metaphysics, ethics, epistemology, etc.
Level 1 - Early modern
Level 2 - Continental
Level 3 - Analytic (technical): Anglo (meta-)logic, phil. sci. and phil. lang.
Level 4 - Medieval
Level 5 - Ancient, including pre-Soratic, Platonic/Aristotelian, neo-Platonic, etc.
Level 6 - Socratic and post-Socratic/Hellenistic
Level 7 - Cyrenaic
>>
>>7734843
Have you watched BNSF m8
The really out of place ones are Balabanov, Kalatozov, and Zanussi
Though there are undoubtedly other offenders
...I'm starting to think that >>7734849 is right
>>
>>7734881
Top to bottom or bottom up?
>>
>>7735227
top to bottom

look at op's image
>>7734861
No. I think dimensions, possibly, but the guy probably has schizophrenia.
>>
>>7734623
Where's Cronenberg? Where's Buttergeit? Where's Soderbergh?
>>
>>7734881
You haven't read a page of philosophy in your life.
>>
>>7736639
Soderbergh and Cronenberg would definitely be at the bottom; V accessible. Bottom tier also includes Kubrick and Cohen bros., btw, so it starts assuming you arent even goign to fuck with Marvel/ Star Wars garbage
>>
>>7734623
How could whoever made this list forget Wong Kar-Wai?
>>
>>7734623
Why is Brakhage not on this list.
>>
>>7737196
4 from bttom
>>
>>7737092
Why is Star Wars garbage?
>>
>>7737225
Im actually going to retract some of that and say outside the orig trilogy, but i also tihnk the list is about diving into more abstract directors than lucas
>>
What are the most patrician and most pleb art forms?
>>
>>7737230
most pleb: your favourite
most patrician: my favourite
>>
>>7734623
>google one of the names from the top tier
>wikipedia article only even exists in his native language
Impressive.
>>
>>7734623
>This is not a test of having patrician taste or liking obscure films

>popular stuff ain't shit
>foreign stuff deep and inaccessible (to me, an average West-dwelling single language normie.)

Haha okay then.
>>
>>7734738
America would have the best education statistics in the world if niggers and spics were not factored into the equation.
>>
>>7737263
You're objectively wrong. Please refrain from posting and go back to where you came from, thank you.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>7737266
Show me how I'm objectively wrong and stop redirecting anyone who says nigger to that god awful board
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.