[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last novel/series that made you forget you were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1456119150207.png (430 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456119150207.png
430 KB, 640x360
What was the last novel/series that made you forget you were reading a book? When the story/characters are so good that it feels you're watching a movie.

For me, it was the GOT series. Say what you will about Georgie, but his story grabbed me by the balls. It's a shame the TV show will finish before him.
>>
idk knausgaard?
>>
>>7733964
>plebian maximus
>>
>>7733995
We all have our guilty pleasures.
>>
File: tu9fheA.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tu9fheA.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
>>
>>7733964
It's the other way around, seldom I find a movie where the characters are deep enough to make me feel I'm reading a novel
>>
Olive Kitteridge was fantastically easy to just sink into
>>
>>7734902
It's easier to do that with TV shows imo.
>>
>>7733964
Misery by Stephen King
>>
i got fucking into that shit, each time a section finished i felt like it'd been ripped from me and yet each new one drew me back in within a few pages
>>
>forget you're reading a book
what the fuck
>>
Harry Potter for me. I'm an American but that book took me straight to Ireland.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.