[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books that have changed your life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: zarathustra-1.jpg (505 KB, 864x1296) Image search: [Google]
zarathustra-1.jpg
505 KB, 864x1296
I'm currently reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra, and with each chapter I feel like my eyes have been opened. What books have changed you, /lit/?
>>
>>7731976
shut the fuck up. you arent going to become the ubermensch. you are a neet hipster, and you will die alone. it didnt change shit. stop being a pretentious little faggot.
>>
>>7731976
the god delusion
>>
>>7731988
Lol
>>
>>7731976

Don't know if pasta anymore
>>
>>7731988
#savage
>>
>>7731988
>inb4 r/4Chan screencap
>>
I always liked that cover and wished it were on the Kauffman translation. Don't worry about (>>7731988), OP, it's a great book and your reaction to it is natural (though, admittedly, it's natural to have exaggerated feelings about this book). Enjoy it and don't let /lit/ ruin it for you.
>>
>>7732042
Just don't recommend the little limp wristed, DOTA playing, pale, grindr stalking, cock sucker Atlas Shrugged, he might take over the world.
>>
>>7732051
Don't gaze into the abyss too much, /lit/
>>
>>7731988
simply epic my man!
can't wait to find see one on /r/4chan
>>
>>7731976
>>
>>7731988
Devilish
>>
>>7731988
damn
>>
>>7731976
Explain exactly how it's open your eyes.
>>
>>7731988
>>
Ishmael. read it in my senior year of high school and i did a total 180 in terms of religion and philosophy.
>>
>>7732042
Yeah it's a really nice cover.

I agree with this anon. Also Nietzsche himself doesn't invite blind devotion; put some time into questioning what you liked about the book & its weaknesses.

I don't think any single book changed my life. Mishima was probably the biggest revelation, I'm not sure it was an entirely positive influence. I really, really enjoyed Dante the first time I read him, which I wasn't expecting. Agamemnon had a big impact. Zarathustra was certainly thrilling to read the first time. Octave Mirbeau was also impactful. There was no internet back then, so it was really, really hard to find good books. Mishima wasn't very widely available. For all it's many, many failings, /lit/ is awesome for mainlining you straight to a wide selection of good books.

I wish I was young again.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.