[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you believe this crap? There's this big writer in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 432423_frame_0026.jpg (15 KB, 475x267) Image search: [Google]
432423_frame_0026.jpg
15 KB, 475x267
Can you believe this crap? There's this big writer in my country (the biggest actually, he was even in the Nobel award discussion the last few years) who talks about his art like he was still in 1600. Like, he doesn't 'try' to write, doesn't do research or anything, it all comes naturally, like a fetus growing inside an impregnated woman. He is impregnated by divine inspiration. He say's the process is so smooth and easy. And he writes 800 page convoluted Pynchonesque stuff. He says that when he writes, he never looks back, never edits or correct, never scratches off or deletes a word. He only writes by hand with ball point pen and paper. Is he full of shit or just crazy?
>>
>>7730213
That how one should write, idiot
>>
>>7730213
Sounds like aspergers.
No joke. Some aspergers are gifted.
>>
>>7730213
Full of shit.
>>
>>7730213
whens the last time you were in the nobel discussion, op
>>
>>7730271
Couple years ago. I get that this is a what - have-you-done-for-me-lately kind of board, but I've made my contributions.
>>
>>7730321
OP was considered for the Nobel prize?

Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence tbqfh.
>>
Good on him.
>>
>>7730213
If he's old I believe. A lot of old writers still write by hand or with a typewriter or something.

What is his name, btw?
>>
>>7730213
The guy obviously knows how to tell a compelling story.
>>
>>7730213
That's literally the most patrician way to write... All memes aside.
>>
>>7730213
I'd like to know who this is, if you wouldn't mind
>>
There is research which shows that essays written by hand are of better quality than those written on word processors, can't remember if it was assessed at university, school or some other way.
>>
>>7730767
How can you objectively measure quality?
>>
Probably full of shit but you have to make it all look mystical for the plebs

Can verify that writing by hand > paper though, the thinking process is entirely different
>>
>>7730213
What artist doesn't romanticize the process?

>>7730767
You're certain you aren't referring to the study that shows taking notes by hand leads to better retention?
>>
>>7731729

You can't. But it's perfectly adequate to use subjective evaluations as an assessment for a study such as the one you're referring to, particularly for comparisons.

Also I am triggered by your

>b-b-but how can the r-r-esarch be research if it can't objectively measure quality?
>>
>>7730213
It's called self mythologizing, mate, and it's as old as the quill.
>>
>>7731763
>>b-b-but how can the r-r-esarch be research if it can't objectively measure quality?

I never said that.
>>
>>7731755
>What artist doesn't romanticize the process?
Most contemporary writers dont, they're pretty open about the rigors of research, technique and revision
>>
>>7730321
I'm nominating you for an Oscar based on the sensible chuckle you have bequeathed to me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.