[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books you kept from college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: Save the Cat.jpg (13 KB, 231x346) Image search: [Google]
Save the Cat.jpg
13 KB, 231x346
ITT books you had to buy for college classes that ended up being so useful or informative that you wouldn't even think of selling them back at the end of the semester

pic related
>>
>>7729938
that's only useful if you're trying to do the most generic and commercial film ever.
>>
File: the Animator's Survival Kit.png (114 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
the Animator's Survival Kit.png
114 KB, 300x345
>>
File: For the Time Being.jpg (13 KB, 224x346) Image search: [Google]
For the Time Being.jpg
13 KB, 224x346
>>7729943
says the talking head on /lit/ who doesn't understand the idea of riffing on a theme never published a word in his life
>>
File: The_Story_Of_English.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
The_Story_Of_English.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>
File: meanwhile.jpg (68 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile.jpg
68 KB, 420x500
>>
>>7729959
sure pal
>>
File: Roberts_Rules_1st.jpg (493 KB, 905x1353) Image search: [Google]
Roberts_Rules_1st.jpg
493 KB, 905x1353
>>7729985
sorry, I shouldn't talk shit, it's rude
>>
>>7729938
i kept nearly all of my college books, aside from math textbooks, i believe.
>>
>>7729938
college is for faggots.
>>
I kept most of them because entitled students kept trying to lowball me when I was selling them. It would make me so mad I wouldn't even respond with a counter offer.

So now I use my old chemistry texts to prop up my monitor.
>>
>>7729943
>>7729959
Nah, this dude's totally right. Save the Cat! is a straight path to producing the most basic, uninspired cookie cutter garbage.

If you really need to follow formula just get The Writer's Journey. It's basically what save the cat is trying to be, except giving you real theory as opposed to a shit template for writing My Grandma's a Serial Killer (or whatever trash it was that the author of stc wrote)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.