[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he an hero? What's the point of infinite jest.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: rectangle.jpg (164 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
rectangle.jpg
164 KB, 624x420
Why did he an hero?

What's the point of infinite jest. IS it all just a joke
>>
>>7729570
drag the joke into a new plan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLEdNmbvsA
>>
>>7729575
this is such a sad interview.
>>
>>7729570
david "career move suicide" wallace
>>
He pulled a Kurt Cobain so his work and himself would be immortalized. If he was still alive no one would give a shit about him.
>>
The point is spelled out pretty clearly in the last Marathe/Steeply chapter.

>Steeply's luridly run makeup from the heat of the day before had now over the night hardened into a configuration of almost horror.
>'So what are you saying? Life's just a joke?'
>Marathe raised a brow for concurring: 'I am signifying that life is a joke, yes, a what you call, jest. Endless.'
>'Infinite.'
>'Yes, an infinite jest.'
>>
>>7729570
>IS it all just a joke
He literally says it in the title.
>>
>>7729575
>his sisters books all have 300 or less ratings on goodreads
kek

Anyone read them? Is there potentially a bit of his genius in her?
>>
Never read this but see it all the time

Who's the protagonist
who's the antagonist
What is the climax
what is the conclusion
>>
>>7729597

Such an ass.
>>
>>7729608
You're an ass too.
>>
>>7729609
Does she have a nice ass?
>>
If you have to ask or need clarification, the work is just 2deep4u. May I suggest Harry Potter instead?
>>
>>7729575
DFW sounds like an annoying autist.
>>
>>7729615
If she owned a bridge and you lived under it and waved friendlily to visitors, then yes.
>>
>>7729616
Is that a british author?
>>
>>7729594
seriously david?
>>
>>7729592

Kurt Cobain was murdered though.
>>
>>7730330
>hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaa

Watch "Montage of Heck" pleb.
>>
>>7729630

Yes:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Law-Liberty-Constitution-History-Common/dp/178327011X
>>
>>7730349

I have. Watch Soaked In Bleach pleb. Also read Love & Death by Max Wallace. Facts are facts senpai.
>>
Written purely for the lulz. Might as well just say "the game " at the end.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.