[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's possible to publish a book written in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: elliotrodger.png (920 KB, 504x715) Image search: [Google]
elliotrodger.png
920 KB, 504x715
Do you think it's possible to publish a book written in the way the movie "Slacker" was filmed?

A large cast of characters, superficially examined on the most part for short periods of time, focusing on brief conversations, monologues, expository "scenes" ultimately all tied together by a shared theme?
>>
Thanks for reminding me of Slacker. Fucking great film.
>>
Slacker is my favorite film and I just rewatched it last night.

Of course this is a valid way to write a book I'm guessing you have very little knowledge of literature as this is hardly uncommon.
>>
Yeah I think that Infinite Jest is this way to an extent as is 2666. Even Gravity's Rainbow, while the majority of the book follows Slothrop there are a hell of a lot of other characters and they're pretty much all connected through paranoia. I want an entire novel devoted to Titcherine.
>>
>>7726854
You are such a /lit/core dumbass, your mind is nothing but parroted opinions and memes. Only on /lit/ is Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, and 2666 described together so often. You know nothing about literature, and comparing these books to Slacker, even less about film so it seems.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.