[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was English, or your own languages' literature classes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1455576597735.jpg (73 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1455576597735.jpg
73 KB, 524x468
How was English, or your own languages' literature classes, for you in school?

Mine was terrible. Our teacher was the principal and she was the kind of teacher where her interpretation was correct. She really turned me off literature for a couple of years. Even now I can still hear Ms. Leonard's shrill, shrieking, spinster voice telling me I'm wrong when I have a thought.
>>
>>7723016
bad, we mostly just read shakespeare. it was patronizing
>>
Elementary-middle school, awful. I remember having the same nigger african teacher for 3 years straight and she hated all white people.

High school was pretty great though. First two years had a pretty good female teacher, last two I had a fifty year old englishman that was relaxed and pretty straightforward. His favorite novel of all time was slaughterhouse 5, which is pretty based.
>>
penis
>>
>>7723029
We read faulkner, vonnegut, dostoevsky in high school, to elaborate. Wasn't too bad
>>
>>7723029
Slaughterhaus V sucked... I really wanted to like it. So it blows.
>>
>>7723029
We had The Great Gatsby. I liked it but our bitch teacher made me hate actually reading it. Every time someone had an original thought about it she'd shut us down and give us her interpretation.

Same for Hamlet and all the poetry we did. She ruined what should have been a great experience for us.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.