[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lit/ i have a problem, i have to deliver a paper based on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Lyotard-image.jpg (88 KB, 817x1229) Image search: [Google]
Lyotard-image.jpg
88 KB, 817x1229
hey /lit/ i have a problem, i have to deliver a paper based on postmodernity but i cant write for shit, i gave my teacher a draft and he told me that he was going to make me not pass the course unless i improved
he told me to use the inverted pyramid method because according to him he cant understand shit(his actual words) and if i dont know how to write like a college student i have no right to pass the course even if i did my research (and i did)
this is the order im going to write
-Postmodernity, history of it
-meta, lyotard and his ideas, the idea of people who make decisions
-modernity vs modernization
-postmodernity in music(the subject of the paper im doing)
-postmodern art
-examples of postmodernism in the arts

is it a good, or should i change something, i dont know where to ask
>>
What course is this?
Your structure looks fine but I'm not sure if that is the problem.
>>
>>7722627
its for the second course regarding the thesis, dude failed me on the midterms because my writing was shit, he even told me you have all the information you needed and you obviously did your research but i cant pass someone who writes like shit
>>
>>7722627
its for the theoritical framework btw
>>
Post a sample paragraph, how is your grammar
>>
>postmodern music

Vaporwave?
>>
>>7722665
can't im from south america unless you know spanish
>>7722666
he considers rock music as counterculture a response to the modern status quo (in context of rock music being born in the 50's) and thus modernization so postmodernism
>>
Sokal and Bricmont are protips.
>>
>>7722619
If your prof says you don't deserve to pass the course because your writing is shit then you need to respect that and work your ass off
>>
>>7722728
ty, reading the wikipedia page now, will use it if i fail the course which i probably will because the teacher told me he wants to fail me but is still going to give me the chance to present the final work
>>7722758
what do you think im doing anon?, im not asking you guys to do my work im asking you to tell me if my structure is wrong
>>
>>7722763
You've posted a glorified essay outline, I doubt we can give you any constructive criticism if you don't show us any of your "shit writing"
>>
>>7722767
but i cant unless you know spanish, im just asking if the outline is ok or if the ideas are all over the place
>>
>>7722779
I would say polish it down to a single central thesis backed up by three points of explication that follow the dialectic format (thesis -> anti-thesis -> synthesis)
>>
File: Sin título-1.jpg (898 KB, 1637x1932) Image search: [Google]
Sin título-1.jpg
898 KB, 1637x1932
>>7722786
this is the inverted pyramid i did, its in spanish but the words are easy to understand
>>
If it's your writing that's the issue then read a load of essays on literary theory between now and whenever you decide to start this project. I imagine your writing itself is fine, it's just not "academic" enough.
>>
>>7722637
Maybe post a sample of your writing so we can get an idea if you're a 'bad' writer, or just using informal language?
>>
>>7722812
>>7724440
According to another teacher i have a scyzophrenic way of writing, i mean i start with idea A then i go to b then d then c then a then e, and according to this teacher i write like if i was talking
>>
lol this south american normie
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.