[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1452011615112.jpg (47 KB, 720x706) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452011615112.jpg
47 KB, 720x706
>If I bought all my required college books the total would come out at over $430

Why the fuck are the books so expensive? I only have three classes. Do college book authors become rich as fuck?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>7721871
To rip off college kids
Why dont you buy the last edition for 15% of the current edition price?
>>
>>7721871
Its an industry with no competition and no alternatives.
>>
>>7721871
Pirate your books faggot.
>>
>>7721871
because economics
>>
>>7721871
College is designed to screw over the stupid masses.
>>
>>7721961
This desu
No one truly intelligent goes to college. Enjoy being a mental cuck for the rest of your life.
>>
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
just don't pay for them. it's not that hard.
also if you buy low sell high you can actually make some money on them here or there.
>>
>>7721871
Ask your professor if it's okay for you to use the previous edition of the book.
The previous edition will be a fraction of the cost and 90% of the time your professor will say that it's fine.
>>
>>7721998
Professors are being forced to use new editions of books because previous editions basically have the answers to tests.
>>
>why does being in a captive market suck?
kek. you should have enrolled in a great books school.
>>
>>7722008
>Professor doesn't write his own exam questions
Why do you even bother paying for your school?
>>
>>7722008
>previous editions basically have the answers to tests
Could you explain what you mean by this? All textbooks have the answers to the test because you're being tested over the material that's within the book.
>>
>>7722013
Not my teachers! I'm talking about in the broad scale.
>>
>people failing to realize that the average college class is populated almost entirely by material that is packaged for the professor with requiring the textbooks
Those fucks basically get lesson plans and lecture slides from the publishers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.