[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't read a book since 2011. It was The Wheel of Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450001941771.png (105 KB, 291x291) Image search: [Google]
1450001941771.png
105 KB, 291x291
I haven't read a book since 2011. It was The Wheel of Time series, I think the fifth book or something. It had people who controlled others by some sort of magic device and could force them to do things or cause pain or something to that degree.

Anyway, I haven't read a book since 2011. What do I read? I'm normally /ck/ and /tv/...
>>
>>7721384
me neither. I haven't read a book in years. authors are a bunch of dense motherfuckers who don't got shit to say and take all day saying it.
>>
>What do I read?
The sticky, for starters.

Slaughterhouse-Five is great for people looking to get into reading.
>>
Check the sticky for the /lit/ starter pack.
>>
>>7721384
I haven't read a book since 1311
>>
>>7721384
Read The Old Man and The Sea by Ernesto Hemingwayo
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 959x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 959x1500
>>7721384
Lit is about pretending to read, learning how to dismiss famous authors, taking pictures of your new books and of your bookshelves... It's called 'fake it till you make it'... see, people got to learn that being AROUND books makes you SEEM smart which is easier than getting well read. You can spend your time reading and reading OR spend your time preparing to come off as well read, which is easier... So you can seem like a literary master critic... Or be a nerd faggot.
>>
Why are you asking for recs here if you haven't read anything? Isn't there a series you thought might be interesting or a sci-fi book?? You should start with what you're interested in. Come here when you're ready to go down the literary rabbit hole
>>
>>7721666
>... So you can seem like a literary master critic..

Why do people feel the need to discuss books, even critise? If one finds a book uninteresting or poorly written one should just not read it
>>
>>7721712
Discussion deepens understanding and gives you a richer sense of the book, or, shares your enthusiasm for parts, it's the no different from sitting down and discussing football over a beer. Criticism of a poor book helps you deconstruct the written art and understand what fails a book, can help you avoid poor books in the future, and maybe even help you appreciate a book in spite of its failings. It's also such an active engagement either way it becomes an art in itself.
>>
>>7721666
you're b8ing too hard
>>7721712
discussion of literature can lead to new insights
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.