[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Book Thief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: download (4).jpg (11 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
11 KB, 183x276
Thoughts?
>>
>>7719905
it's YA, right?
my mother bought this for my brother; he didn't seem pleased
how are books marketed that a mother buys they for her generally non-reader son?
that's the interesting question
>>
It's YA that tries super hard to not be YA
>>
YA garbage
>>
File: 1372065469247.png (303 KB, 724x669) Image search: [Google]
1372065469247.png
303 KB, 724x669
I went to a second hand bookstore with a girl and bought it because she said it was good mainly to impress her

my mom says it's good

maybe I should read it in the off chance that I meet another book thief liking qt
>>
>>7719905
what is YA?
I'm new to lit
is that like oscar bait?
>>
>>7719932
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young-adult_fiction
>>
Legitimately one of the worst books I've ever had the displeasure to open. It was assigned over the summer for "Advanced Placement" English Literature in senior year of high school by the vapid bitch who ran the English department. I only got through the first two chapters but that gave me enough fodder to ramble for 30 minutes during the first class. Luckily, the teacher who was actually teaching the course hated it as well and decided not to teach it.
>>
>>7720923
>It was assigned over the summer for "Advanced Placement" English Literature in senior year of high school by the vapid bitch who ran the English department.

I had to do the exact same thing. You had to read Frankenstein as well didn't you?
>>
>>7720952
Frankenstein wasnt so bad...
>>
File: 1453402424035.jpg (244 KB, 721x489) Image search: [Google]
1453402424035.jpg
244 KB, 721x489
>>7719905
my ex-gf bought it for me. i read about 10-20 pages and then i dumped her

perhaps you might be thinking that this is some sort of wannabe alpha male post, buts its not and now im lonely
>>
>>7719905
I will IRC it as an act of ironic performance art.
>>
>>7719936
>>7719926
>>7719915

Fuck. So it's a kiddie book? How disappointing. I thought it was some kind of trenchant war novel with a lot of violence and insane tension. Not at all???
>>
Enjoyed it as a kid. Don't know what all this hate is about.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.