[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After reading Foundings and Critique of Practical Reason, I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: alec-webb-alec.jpg (391 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
alec-webb-alec.jpg
391 KB, 1265x1920
After reading Foundings and Critique of Practical Reason, I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to eat meat morally.
>>
Morality is only relevant to non-human entities insofar as they are relevant to humans.
>>
Thats why you eat it practically
>>
Do you personally kill your animals before you eat them? Then yeah, you might have an argument.
Do you buy your meats at the supermarket? Then no, there's nothing unethical about that because your actions change literally nothing at all.
>>
>>7719422
except supporting the industry by providing the economic demand for it's perpetuation.
>>
>>7719422
Your logic is riddled with as many holes in your life, poor you.
>>
>>7719441
>mfw they're going to sell the meat whether consumers make contrived and misguided ethical choices or not, because the consumer has an artificially limited choice
>>
>>7718720

Therefore, seriously consider abandoning any pretense to morality.
>>
>>7719452
>mfw it's ok to beat the shit out of an anon if there are vast institutions to support it.
>>
>>7719441
You're not directly supporting it. No one makes meat for you. You can look up how much meat is getting thrown away because it expires on the shelf.

Think of this: if you were to die tommorow, would that change the world in any way? Would they slaughter less animals because of that?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (11 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
11 KB, 512x288
>>7719480
it's not ideal but we need to nationalise the supermarkets to solve the problem
>>
>>7719480
>not realising that the point raised by >>7719452
was not whether it's moral but that it's not "perpetuating" the industry
>>
>morals
>>
File: 1431914857663.jpg (25 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1431914857663.jpg
25 KB, 600x620
>>7720026
You dropped your picture, Stirner sensei
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.