[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redwall thread? Redwall thread. I'm not the only one who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: RedwallUSCover.jpg (43 KB, 350x523) Image search: [Google]
RedwallUSCover.jpg
43 KB, 350x523
Redwall thread? Redwall thread.
I'm not the only one who was turned furry by this series, am I?
>>
>>>/b/
>>
>>7717468
/thread
>>
File: 1450760264262.png (61 KB, 1280x934) Image search: [Google]
1450760264262.png
61 KB, 1280x934
Is it ok to reread these as an adult?
>>
>>7717497
Maybe
>>
File: lion.png (218 KB, 688x440) Image search: [Google]
lion.png
218 KB, 688x440
>>7717497
>>7717507
http://strawpoll.me/6863787
>>
>>7717462

I'm rereading some now, makes me miss childhood. I used to read em a decent amount. Quite comfy desu famalam.
>>
>>7717462
It was already too late for me.
>>7717497
Why not? They didn't seem child oriented to me at all.
>>
>>7717497
It's better if you read them as a rooster though you bastard.
>>
>>7719154
Probably the comfiest reads of my childhood, especially those feasts.

RIP Brian Jacques(might have spelled that wrong)
>>
File: 51C0D05S4KL.jpg (45 KB, 342x500) Image search: [Google]
51C0D05S4KL.jpg
45 KB, 342x500
I've read all 21 of the main books. So sad that we'll never get another new Redwall novel. I was spoiled getting one every year from childhood up until I was an adult.
Author Robin Jarvis is from Liverpool also and writes stories in a similar vain. The Deptford Mice and The Deptford Histories. I'd recommend them to fans of Brian Jacques.
Anyone else read the Ribbajack or Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales?
>>
>>7717497
Absolutely nothing wrong with reading these as an adult.
>>7719241
Oh man the food. Every single book. Yes.
>>
>>7719301
They were good. I also enjoyed the Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series he wrote. It was much bleaker than his other stuff
>>
>>7717462
this could've been a nice comfy thread and then you fucked it up by mentioning it made you a furry
>>
File: me ponder.jpg (34 KB, 543x549) Image search: [Google]
me ponder.jpg
34 KB, 543x549
I used to have dreams about Redwall where the characters were all naked
Luckily it has no long lasting effect and I never became a furry
>>
Martin the Warrior
Mossflower
Redwall
Salamandastron

are they only good ones. the rest were shit
>>
I would read the descriptions of the feasts and come away more satiated on names of foods I'd never had nor heard of before than I would be by meals in real life.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.