[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Dostoyevsky book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I've only read Demons, The Gambler and White Nights. My favorite is Demons. The next one I'm reading is Crime and Punishment. What are your favorites?
>>
>>7715125
Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian.
>>
>>7715149
>>
Notes from Underground
>>
>>7715149

Is this a description of Peter Hitchens?
>>
File: 1455671066222.jpg (21 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1455671066222.jpg
21 KB, 500x750
>>7715125
I just picked up Demons after finishing Crime and Punishment (which in its less awkward translation is closer to "crossing the line and its consequences") and having read the gambler awhile ago.
You're in for a great read, just good luck learning five names for everybody. I'm also curious which translations you have?
>>
>>7715307

Never learned the names with Dostoyevsky. I always missed 50% of what he was saying. Ah, well.
>>
>>7715199
No, it's a description of Fyodor Dostoevsky.
>>
>>7715149
You're not going to make it bro.
>>
>>7715125
Need to read this. I'm still mired in The Idiot, which for a while had me wondering if the title & author had got mixed up, but it's improved dramatically in the last third.
>>
>>7715125
I've read his 4 big novels, Notes, Gambler, White Nights and something I don't remember. Demons was worst, so fucking dull and slow. It was a test of patience. Notes, Gambler, Karamazov and White Nights were the best.
>>
>>7715323

It's really weird, violent and slow. About 200 pages in I wasn't really sure what was going on and then the story just started unveiling in a way I wasn't expecting. From that point on, it's a lot easier read. The book is fantastic. I really liked it.
>>
Raskalnikov is the Travis Bickle of literature amirite?
>>
>>7715125
But Demons is a dreadful book anon
>>
>>7715431
It is, I must admit.
>>
>>7715149
Go to sleep Nabokov
>>
>>7715307
It's easy to understand their names in all forms after reading one Russian novel.
>>
>>7715307
>>7715310
>>7716745
americunts retarded as always
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.