[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Say it to Father will you I will am my fathers Progenitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: Sound and Fury.jpg (24 KB, 260x402) Image search: [Google]
Sound and Fury.jpg
24 KB, 260x402
>Say it to Father will you I will am my fathers Progenitive I invented him created I him Say it to him it will not be for he will say I was not and then you and I since philoprogenitive

What did he mean by that?
>>
He was desperately communicating that he was a hack. Nobody listened.
>>
>>7714734
nabby pls
>>
File: 1450382785882.png (1 MB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
1450382785882.png
1 MB, 1280x706
>>7714728

I think an approach looking for concrete meaning is misguided. Stream of consciousness is based on the way our thoughts actually work, which in actuality, aren't always perfectly coherent, especially under stress. Quentin committed suicide the same day he had this thought.

That being said it's Quentin referring to an independent thought kernel, Father, and revolving associated thoughts and concepts around that sphere. Will you/ I will is clipped remembered dialogue, fathering his father is some freudian bullshit probably having to do with his inability to reconcile his love for caddy and his place in the family. Quentin is in a permanent struggle for dominance, one that he ultimately loses. Not just vs. time, but vs. his father and his sister's suitors. He loses. This thought clip is a reflection of that conflict in the half thought forms that flit through you in every moment. Philoprogenitive, meaning to be more successful in the fathering of offspring, is an extension of this. He wants to be more than his father, when ultimately, he will be nothing.

That's what I think. I read this about a year ago.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.