[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Macbeth It's amazing. Have any of you read it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Just finished Macbeth
It's amazing. Have any of you read it?
>>
never heard of it. what is it?
>>
>>7713512
A play written by Shakespeare
>>
>>7713517
>Shakespeare
never heard of her, who is she?
>>
One of my least favorite of Shakespeare's plays.
>>
>>7713521
Got me!
>>
>>7713528
Why's that?
>>
I've probably never heard of it.
>>
>>7713542
Wow I thought this was /lit/
>>
>>7713552
Your so hip!
>>
>>7713589
>Your
>>
Iok, just assume that people are familiar with one of the most popular of Shakey's plays. So, what did you like about it!? Do you like other , simular works? Not cimin at you, bro'...just trying to start a dialogue.
>>
It's fine. Macbeth is a dumb mother fucker but the writing is okay I guess
>>
haha epic thread guys im uploading a screenshot to r/4chan right now I literally can't even XD
>>
>>7713616
Dear 14 year old,
Thank you for the input in my play. Next time I will write one with more tits and Vin Diesel.
Sincerly,
Wm. Shakepeare
>>
>>7713634
You have to be 18 to post here dumas
>>
I liked the part where it was a troll all along, but everyone knew it.
>>
File: IMG_20160218_182624.jpg (79 KB, 729x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160218_182624.jpg
79 KB, 729x960
>>7713640
This is not a Dumas thread.
But I will credit you that you were smart enough to spot all the puick-up trucks for the Captcha.
>>
>>7713511
do you mean House of Cards?
>>
>>7713608
Well, I'll admit that I got more out of it once I did research on why he wrote it
What I liked most was how the prophecies were all in Macbeth's mind. The witches never had power
>>7713616
I agree. Macbeth wasn't too smart

I read that the only reason Shakespeare put the witches in was because King James had written a book on witchcraft. King James believed in it and so Shakespeare wrote the witches in a way to where they had no powers. This was supposed to be a ballsy move towards the king
>>
In the middle, yes. Almost done with Act III Scene 1.

What do you use to read it? I'm reading it on Sparknotes.

Also, is there a better place to read it? Like where I can have the original text but notes and meanings on the margin like text-book style so that I can get a flow better than having to guess based on the modernized text on the right side?
>>
That is interesting...what other things do you line to read?
>>
>>7713717
Shakespeare.mit
Shakespeare-online
You don't need notes
>>
>>7713511

Why did you include a picture of Broadway at the Beach in South Carolina? Literally the most unrelated pic ever
>>
>>7713717
>>7713717
It's good isn't it?
I use this:
hibsenglish.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/3/6/7236232/macbeth_no_fear_script.pdf

Don't use the right side unless you're really stuck. You don't get as much out of it.
>>
>>7713744
KEK you're right
I chose it because I had fun there. Nothing else to it
>>
>>7713722
Stephen King is really good
If you want a series to read, take a look at the Dark Tower
>>
>>7713730
I think I'll use Shakespeare-online, although it's going to be hell scrolling up and down for the notes

(Which I need to use to understand the language, otherwise I'll get words mixed up):
http://www.bartleby.com/224/1505.html

>>7713755
It's that it's in the way of my eye-sight that bothers me.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.