[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOBY DICK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 00000.jpg (560 KB, 1259x800) Image search: [Google]
00000.jpg
560 KB, 1259x800
Moby dick thread
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick

I read this book over the summer and was honestly surprised to find it was like a slice of life story rather than the struggle of man versus whale. Maybe I just resonated and remember the parts about human interaction but the actual whale hunting events seemed few and far between. There was a great deal of anatomical information and sign of the times events at play but the more I read the more I felt it was not about a man hunting a whale, which I had always been shown by pop culture the book was about. I liked the book it was a long read and slow most of the time, I liked it as a wonderful window into the past. Anyone wanna talk about Moby Dick?
>>
>>7712880
I have been wanting to read it for a while now but put it off because I felt I wasn't ready. I think I'm finally going to join the ranks because of this thread.
>>
>>7712880
>surprised to find it was like a slice of life story rather than the struggle of man versus whale
well, that's why it is famous
>>
>>7712880
like an anon wrapped it up to me: "It's like the Bible. It's a book about everything"

absoluteyl amazing book. Not a single chapter I disliked.
>>
>>7712880
Currently reading it. As you said, I was also expecting a fast read like The Treasure Island, but I found myself with only 1/3 chapters I read being about the whale and cords. I also wasnt expecting that this book to be funny.
I bought it because it was cheap and Im saving money to buy LOTR (yes, yes, poorfag) and I kind fell for the meme.

>Btw Im currently at the part when Tash falls inside the whales head.
>keked heartfully

Tell me anon, does it get faster or it maintains the slow rhythm or it gets faster?
>>
>>7712961
It's a steady read until near the end, where Ahab finally spots Moby Dick, after that, things progress at the pace one expects when an entire crew doesn't spend most of their day bsing around.
>>
It really is a 19th century Bible. You get out as much as you're able to put in and the middle chapters are some of the ultimate casual filters of modern literature.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.