[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that heaven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Cervantes.jpg (1 MB, 1947x1766) Image search: [Google]
Cervantes.jpg
1 MB, 1947x1766
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that heaven ever gave to man. Neither the treasures hidden in the earth nor those the sea covers can equal it. For freedom, as well as for honor, one can and should risk one’s life. And the opposite is also true—captivity is the worst evil that can befall men
>>
>translations
>>
>>7712210
sweet, that stupidity gets out of the way right off the bat.

>>7712196
My first impulse is to wonder to what extent Quixote truly was free. On the one hand, he adhered to a strict code of chivalry (and a large dose of enchantment) which guided him to some specific actions. On the other hand, he wasn't ensnared by too much deliberation--'analysis paralysis' or what you will--in his behavior.
>>
>>7712210
La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierra la tierra ni el mar encubre; por la libertad así como por la honra se puede y debe aventurar la vida, y, por el contrario, el cautiverio es el mayor mal que puede venir a los hombres
>>
>>7712255
I don't know spanish
>>
>>7712255
;-;
>>
Cervantes was a prisoner of war for a number of years before he published don quixote so I'm guessing this quote draws upon his personal experience...
>>
>>7712289
And the one character they meet - can't remember his name atm - is almost a direct stand in for Cervantes himself, their life stories are very similar
>>
>>7712299
The guy may be the guardian of the moor princess which was captured by the turks at lepanto
>>
>>7712255

I speak spanish and both sentences suck ass
>>
>>7712255
Mierda
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.