[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If she is dead and Tao Lin is still alive, does this prove that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: mag24-marina_keegan.jpg (33 KB, 684x364) Image search: [Google]
mag24-marina_keegan.jpg
33 KB, 684x364
If she is dead and Tao Lin is still alive, does this prove that God has abandoned us or that He is simply malevolent?
>>
Nah, this just proves that God is just
>>
>God is some kind of sentient person controlling things from the outside

Hate this meme.
>>
>>7711710
i only read the title essay and it was pretty clear that her audience was yale and yale only. is her other stuff any good?
>>
>>7711728
OK, fine whatever. Then is the demiurge Platonic, a morally neutral creator of the temporal reality we inhabit; or is the demiurge Gnostic, a force that is by its very temporal (and thus imperfect) nature antagonistic to the higher Supreme Being?
>>
>>7711710
Or have you considered option 3?
>>
>>7711743
Same thing pal.
>>
>>7711732
Some of her stuff is obviously written by someone who comes from a very sheltered and privileged background", but a lot of her characters who have nothing to do with Yale or college life have an eerie sense of verisimilitude. Her best short story is probably "The Emerald City", a retelling of the Genesis story of the Creation and Fall set in the Green Zone during the early days of the American invasion of Iraq.
>>
>>7711744
Oh shit, Dubs. Option 3 it is.
>>
Tao Lin can't help being alive after other people die.

If he killed them, it's a different story, but it's not his fault he's alive, any more than it's your fault that you're alive.
>>
>>7711710
Ginny Weasley died?
OMFG. Is that in the new Harry Potter play or did I miss it in one of the books??
>>
>>7711710

i bet you've never read any tao lin
>>
>>7712754
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>being an optimist
>dying young
>being a realist
>dying old
Moderately smirking here.
>>
>>7712801
are you a sociopath just curious?
>>
>>7713284
How does a sociopath behave?
>>
Bump

Has anyone read "The Opposite of Loneliness" book? I picked it up from the clearance bin and was pleasantly surprised.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.