[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to properly, genuinely transfer from /mu/ to /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: sunb8er.png (235 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
sunb8er.png
235 KB, 1500x1500
Is there a way to properly, genuinely transfer from /mu/ to /lit/? I won't shit everything, I promise. I left /mu/ to get away from shit. I'm still into music, and I've always been into books, but now that I'm a little older (i.e. not underage) I feel like I'm ready for some of the harder shit
>>
depends
who's you're waifu?
>>
File: Imretired.jpg (218 KB, 815x609) Image search: [Google]
Imretired.jpg
218 KB, 815x609
If you need advice, you're not researching properly.
>>
Listen to dredgs El Cielo and read for whom the bell tolls. Perhaps partake inn drugs and alcohol. See where your mood takes you.
>>
File: 1449437945366.jpg (269 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449437945366.jpg
269 KB, 800x800
>>7711580
does a husbando count?
>>
>>7711585
no
>>
>>7711586
ok
>>
Took this seriously
>Unpinned
>>
>>7711588
ur're husbando is pretty cute at least, though I've no idea who they are
>>
File: 1448178138879.jpg (337 KB, 629x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448178138879.jpg
337 KB, 629x1000
>>7711592
Kei Tsukishima from Haikyuu!!
should probably stop waifuposting before I get in trouble
>>
>>7711577
Lurk here and read books that get discussed.
Maybe for start read some Borges, Chesterton, Dick, Herbert, Camus and Kafka. See what you like from there.
>>
>>7711603
I actually have lurked for a little while, and checked out some newfaggy stuff from the library. I've posted this list before but w/e

On The Road
The Stranger
Slaughterhouse Five
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Siddhartha
Heart of Darkness
Catch-22
Kafka on the Shore
White Noise
The Metamorphosis
Iliad
East of Eden
>>
>>7711616
Sounds to me then like you've already begun to transfer pretty well; that's all pretty good stuff.

At this point, just engage in the conversations that you can, and look up a title when it's one you don't recognize; put it on your reading list if it interests you, and don't worry about it if it doesn't. It's not hard to into /lit/. Most of us are just retards anyway.
>>
>>7711577
If you like Swans read Cormac McCarthy.

Also, if you haven't already noticed, Infinite Jest is this board's ITAOTS.
>>
>>7711616
Yeah, that's good startubg nateruak. I'm not a fan of most of these, but it's a solid start.
>>
http://www.complete-review.com/
>>
>>7711577
>wanting to 'move to /lit/'
Just read books if you want, OP. Get some tips here if you like, but life's too short and too wonderful to spend large amounts of it on a Tahitian lithography board.
>>
>>7711794
Nicely reworded meme.

5/10
>>
>>7711655
I love ITAOTS, and I know I'll probably love IJ when I get to it. I heard about both through the same dude before I knew either were memes
>>
>>7711577

every year /lit/ accepts a small number of transfer posters from other boards. /lit/ is in the 93rd percentile of most selective transfer boards but a few simple tips will boost your odds of being accepted here.

>complete the entry-level reading assignments
>disparage the great gatsby and 1984
>have 47 waifus in your lamborghini account
>gargle Pynchon's discharged cumquat

we accept LSAT scores but not GREs

don't start posting about IJ or John Green, we don't tolerate that shit, it's a quality community.
>>
you probably didnt even acquire good music taste before dumping that and moving here
>>
This thread is a perfect example of why /mu/tards are not welcome here.
>>
>>7712183

>it's a quality community.

o i am laffin
>>
File: jim-morrison-2.jpg (464 KB, 1280x928) Image search: [Google]
jim-morrison-2.jpg
464 KB, 1280x928
>>7711577
Just follow Jimbo and you'll be fine
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.