[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you thing of David Eddings books? Im thinking mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Malloreonspread.jpg (433 KB, 1600x958) Image search: [Google]
Malloreonspread.jpg
433 KB, 1600x958
What do you thing of David Eddings books?
Im thinking mostly about the Belgariad and Malorian.
I really like his world building and I really need help with that in my own work if anyone could give me some help?
>>
>>7710336
his stories seem unoriginal,contrived and overall shit to modern people, mostly because he died before some of them were old enough to read.He has structural cohesion which is rare these days
>>
>>7710336
David Eddings is a meme author. literally genre tier fiction. no discernible talent.
>>
The Belgariad is a very comfy series, a nice fantasy read for young teenagers, and also nice to reread once you're an adult. The Malloreon, which directly follows it, is also entertaining, but it is more of the same.
>>
>>7710336
They were ok but had cliche characters. Ending to the Malorian was REALLY stupid. Stupid asshole characters go about the world like they're better than everyone else because they are WIELDERS OF MAGIC HOLY SHIT. Whole notion of ambiguous prophecy throughout all the books is awful.
>>
>>7710788
Read them when I was fourteen, really enjoyed The Belgariad, it is full of cliches, but he uses them perfwctly. When I finished those books tried the Malorean, and I got to hate character interactions in the that saga, there was no tension at all and they all were cracking jokes at every other page.
>>
>>7710336
I loved the Belgeriad when I was maybe 13 or 14 but I wouldn't reread it now. The Malorian wasn't so hot but it wasn't awful. Both are probably a little too kiddy/cliched for me now but I'd recommend Eddings to a younger reader over YA.
>>
File: 1450386261191.jpg (114 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1450386261191.jpg
114 KB, 500x400
>>
One of the things I really loved was how he built tge would tho the secret hand languages the rules of magic and politics of each nation, I don't know how I can create like that
>>
>>7711724
The world
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.