[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else struggle with this? It was so laded with so many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2.jpg (286 KB, 900x1199) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
286 KB, 900x1199
Anyone else struggle with this? It was so laded with so many allusions to psychoanalytic and philosophical concept that it was hard to take everything at face value.

Was the marlin/sea supposed to be the Freudian mother type deal or was it about overcoming the ego entirely which happens in the end. The earliest stages (oral,anal) were apparent in the beginning of the book with the boy was a given but it got a bit complex later on.
>>
you seem to think this is funny bait

it's really not

don't quit your day job
>>
>>7702982
what makes you think that?
>>
File: 1442893488921.jpg (39 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
1442893488921.jpg
39 KB, 720x539
>>7702986
>>
the marlin is clearly phallic symbol
>>
>>7702986
cause im tired and depressed and i just want to make terse negative comments on /lit/ to unwind
>>
The biggest thing I took away from this story is that the old man would have easily gotten the fish back in one piece if Manolin had went with him.
>>
>>7703035
or if he brought a pistol
>>
>>7703055
Or even just a fishing spear, or a proper boat.
>>
>>7703083
>>7703055
>>7703035

or salt
>>
>>7703108
>salt water
Could have just brought a damn bowl and prepared enough beforehand by letting it evaporate in the sun; it's not like he didn't have the time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.