[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's hilarious to see some shitty unsuccessful writers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: da.jpg (153 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
da.jpg
153 KB, 594x396
It's hilarious to see some shitty unsuccessful writers trying to cash out on even shittier successful authors.

http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/33670/20160214/mortal-instruments-author-cassandra-clare-calls-sherrilyn-kenyons-plagiarism-accusations.htm

>Sherrilyn Kenyon filed a complaint on Feb. 5 against Cassandra Clare "for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, unfair competition, false advertising, and trade dress infringement." The Guardian reported Kenyon alleges that Clare "knowingly and willfully copied" some portion of Kenyon's "Dark Hunter" series to create her popular YA tomes "The Mortal Instruments."

>Kenyon's "Dark Hunter" series was first published in 1998, while Clare's "The Mortal Instruments" first came out in print in 2007.

>The complaint cites that both book franchises tell the story of an "elite band of warriors" that save humans from paranormal forces. These warriors, referred to in the books as hunters, maintain the balance between good and evil to protect humans from succumbing to maleficent powers.
>>
literature is not art for these people, it's a business.
>insert capitalism meme here
>>
>>7702110
so what
>>
people have different interests and what is a boring story to you is a world of meaning to someone else.
>>
>>7702110
what is polandbanana's take on this?

i'll side with whoever she backs
>>
Isn't Clare infamous for her plagiarism, though? She lifted most of her novel from her own shitty Harry Potter fanfic, and apparently that plagiarized everything from bits of dialogue to entire passages from multiple forms of media.
>>
>>7702110
I came up with the same plot in 9th grade in my friend's basement after two bong hits
>>
File: 1455198164474.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1455198164474.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>7702110
>The complaint cites that both books tell the tale of an elite band of warriors.
Isn't that all YA? By the standards in that paragraph, you could sue half of YA authors.
>>
>>7702292
>>7702332
Get to it.
>>
>The complaint cites that both book franchises tell the story of an "elite band of warriors" that save humans from paranormal forces. These warriors, referred to in the books as hunters, maintain the balance between good and evil to protect humans from succumbing to maleficent powers.
Miyazaki confirmed for fucking hack
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.