[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wheel of Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (567 KB, 2198x1703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
567 KB, 2198x1703
Has anyone read this whole series? I was really deep in it a few years ago but I kinda drifted away from it. I know the author died and it was finished by Brandon Sanderson, is it worth finishing?
>>
please keep to your containment thread, shitcunt
>>7692308
saged
>>
>>7700817
My, you're a whiner. How dare people post on a board that speaks slower than an Ent? The gall.
>>
>>7700796
i've read all of it.
it gets a bit weak between books 7 and 11 but the final few written by brandon sanderson are probably the best of the lot. robert jordan was great at worldbuilding and made some great characters but he got too caught up in the series and just wasn't able to finish it, he just kept rambling on (see crossroad of twilight, the weakest book in the series).
I would definitely recommend finishing them, you'll love the last few books.
>>
>>7701343
I've read the first four books three times, five up to nine two times and ten up to fourteen once. I agree that the series is at it's weakest at book 10. Book 9 redeems itself for me with its ending, though, and I enjoyed 7 and 8.

I'm glad that Brandon Sanderson was able to finish the series, and I thought his books were good, but some of the spark, some of the magic that was in the earlier books was missing. Then again, they were concluding books, not allowing as much for world building. And I was a lot younger when I read the first few books for the first time.

But OP, it's worth it if you enjoy world building and magic. It's one of my favorite fantasy series.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.