[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"...a Jorge Luis Borges for the Space Age, who plays in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 6007419306107.jpg (408 KB, 651x1000) Image search: [Google]
6007419306107.jpg
408 KB, 651x1000
"...a Jorge Luis Borges for the Space Age, who plays in earnest with every concept of philosophy and physics, from free will to probability theory."

Has anyone read Lem's The Star Diaries? I picked it up today (along with Calvino's Cosmicomics) after reading the above quote comparing him to Borges. I'm sure /lit/ might at least be familiar with Solaris.

What am I in for?
>>
>>7699855

Haven't read it, but Lem is a favorite (and the Borges comparison is apt). Let us know what you think of it when you can.
>>
They're very funny and full of neat ideas.
The tone is a lot less sombre than Solaris.
>>
>>7699855
I don't remember details.I read it a long time ago but it was nice.Lem is good.
>>
why dont you just read the book. and lem hated borges, rightly so, so dont compare a hack to him.
>>
>>7701072
>lem hated borges
source on that?
>rightly so, so dont compare a hack to him
oh; kek
>>
>>7701088
read his non-fiction reviews you dumb pleb
>>
>>7701107

I have. Saying Lem hated Borges on the basis of that is the height of misinterpretation; those are explicitly an homage to Borges.
>>
>>7699855

Ijon Tichy is a fun character. I liked Peace on Earth, a later work with Tichy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.