[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mishima seems more famous for his death than for his works. Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mishima-sword.jpg (9 KB, 236x362) Image search: [Google]
mishima-sword.jpg
9 KB, 236x362
Mishima seems more famous for his death than for his works. Are any of his books worth reading in translation?
>>
Sorry, I don't read manlets.
>>
File: faulkner.jpg (94 KB, 594x536) Image search: [Google]
faulkner.jpg
94 KB, 594x536
>>7699017
You're missing out.
>>
>>7699017
Aren't all male authors either manlets or freakishly tall? Camus is one of the only attractive male authors I can think of (other than Yukio Tsundere obvs), but I'm pretty sure he was a manlet as well
>>
>>7699044
Mishima was ~5'3" which was average height for a Japanese man in his time.

Camus was ~5'7" which was above average.

People have just gotten taller.
>>
>>7699014
Is this a real question? Yes, his works are worth reading
>>
File: 1452141934522.jpg (296 KB, 1483x2205) Image search: [Google]
1452141934522.jpg
296 KB, 1483x2205
>>7699014
Start with Sailor, go to Golden Pavilion, get Death in Midsummer & Other Short Stories, get Confessions, if you like that, try Forbidden Colours. Once you feel like you've read enough of him, get started on that Sea of Fertility shit, cause its the best
>>
>>7699052
Mishima was 5'. He was made fun of by his peers for being short, even for a Japanese man.
>>
>>7699027
ewww im adding him to my list of authors not to read
>>
>>7699072
Is there any reason to not just start with the Sea of Fertility books if they're his best?
>>
>>7699092
Because the other books are really good. And i don't know about you, but personally, I don't like reading an authors best material straight away.
All of his other books are one-offs, while that's an actual series.
But I guess if you want to go straight into em, you can, up to you of course
>>
>>7699092
Also a lot of the themes from the other books come to their full conclusion in the tetralogy imo
>>
>>7699014

Seppuku is a tough act to follow desu.
>>
>>7699257
but not to precede
>>
>>7699014
He was very famous even before he killed himself
>>
>>7699075
Lmao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.