[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think about Arthur C. Clarke? What do you consider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ArthurC.Clarke.jpg (126 KB, 838x558) Image search: [Google]
ArthurC.Clarke.jpg
126 KB, 838x558
What does /lit/ think about Arthur C. Clarke? What do you consider his best/worst works?
>>
>>7692708
The beginning of 2001 is awesome, I would read a whole book about Moon-Watcher and his tribe.
>>
>>7692708
Best: Rendezvous with Rama, The City and the Stars
Worst: Imperial Earth, The Deep Range, 2061
>>
>>7692787
I bought Rama a couple of days ago, really enjoying it so far.
Best: 2001, Worst: The Trigger.
>>
>>7692791
if you like Rama, you'll fucking hate the sequels.
>>
>>7692708
I've started reading Childhood's End. It is supposed to be a seminal work so I'm curios.
What do you think?
>>
I’ve only read Earthlight, and although I remember liking it, it was a long time ago. I read sci-fi quite rarely, and I’m wondering whether I should give him a try or if it’s the same schlock as most of the genre.
>>
>>7692866
They sound like they're just exhausting the series so I'm going to give them a miss.
>>
i loved Childhood's End but thought 2001, The Fountains of Paradise and Rendezvous with Rama were not very stimulating (but perhaps were more so when they were first published). his writing style is nothing to be excited about but isn't BAD either. i would love to read some of his short stories but haven't got to it yet. are they worth reading?

2001 is interesting to read directly before or after to movie--Clarke actually co-wrote the screenplay concurrently with the novel.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.