[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you who have written something of significant size
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: geometric-art-bysideofthe-sea.jpg (22 KB, 550x427) Image search: [Google]
geometric-art-bysideofthe-sea.jpg
22 KB, 550x427
For those of you who have written something of significant size or meaning, how did you start? I feel that every time I go to write something nothing comes out or if something does it means literally nothing to me and is boring as shit. So hearing the catalyst to your works I feel would help me. Did it happen gradually? Did something hit you with the force of a revelation? How clear was the idea when you started and did it differ by the time you were finished?
>>
you just write. there's no other way of writing
>>
It helps to begin with an idea or situation you find interesting or important.
>>
>>7692301
it helps to outline events. write a few lines about what your character is doing today

anon is going to the bar
he needs to get cash out at the ATM first
he gets anxious because the bar is full of chads
he goes home to fap about the voice of the ATM machine

then fill it in,
it was a disgusting normie day, anon scraped off the cum stained sheets that had cemented itself to his body hair overnight. the curtains slightly ajar, letting a sliver of light into the room, illuminating the floating dust particles. anon thought to himself, "I really should clean up my moms spaghetti that I spilt all over the floor." wading through the piles of peepee poopoo, he made his way to the bathroom, popping the giant poopoo boil on his face with his favorite lancet, he sat down to poopoo peepee. got dressed, whatever normies do in the morning, stepped outside.

the sun bore down on him, the heat of the light feeling like a heavy weight upon his body. "why do I even leave the house?" well lets go get some cash so i can numb the pain of existence. heading to the ATM, he spied a cute loli and considered molesting her. inserting his card, he chuckled to himself about how only moments before how easy it would have been to slip is benis into her bagina. the soft cooing voice of the ATMs prompting voice evoked memories of the last girl he'd managed to capture. the gentle voice called out to him, touching his very soul, "anon-kun, h-how much cash do you want? I just want you to be happy anon-kun." pressing a few buttons, the machine proceeded to rattle and vibrate, culminating in an ejaculation of cash.....

you get the idea. you can expand out the story from a few events. just describe the characters and what they're doing.
>>
>>7692374
pretty much this

when in doubt, throw it away
>>
>>7692301
beach tent was a meme author, and had no discernible talent. he was shitposting, and is literally genre tier fiction. clearly a juvenile author.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.