[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>English professor hasnt heard of dfw Is my uni shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
>English professor hasnt heard of dfw
Is my uni shit?
>>
It is ideal.
>>
That depends on how old is he.
Maybe he is so old he dosent give a shit about literature anymore and just want the $$$
>>
>>7686449
Late 30s i would guess

He isnt old
>>
>>7686455
I assume he's heard of Joyce, but has he heard of Pynchon? Just making sure.
>>
>>7686458
No
>>
>>7686462
What are you reading for the course?
>>
>>7686379
What Uni is this?
>>
>>7686445

this.

sounds like heaven
>>
Are you from Europe, anon?
>>
>>7686477
Nyu
>>
>>7686499
???

nyu LOVES dfw its literally the target demographic

the fuck anon whos your prof?
>>
>>7686506
Maybe im being trolled
>>
>>7686513
i went to nyu senpai even a large portion of the non english/lit people knew dfw

maybe your prof just rused you

now he knows you're a sperg RIP you
>>
>tfw when >>7686521 is the professor
>>
>>7686379
БN3OБPA3NE
>>
>>7686584
БИЗOБPAЗИE?
>>
>>7686379
No, its because he doesn't read shit.
>>
'''Sir, what do you think of Big Dave?''
>>
That's like a physics professor who hasn't heard of Einstein.
>>
>>7687843
>being this deluded
>>
>>7687843
Joyce is the Einstein of lit
>>
>>7686467
Pynchon is shit and should not be studied at university. Steven King is more profound
>>
>>7687843

More like Stephen Hawking
>>
>>7687847
Shakespeare desu
>>
>>7687850
t. pseudo-intellectual teenage contrarian
>>
>>7687871
/lit/ memer
>>
I call bullshit. There's no way your English professor doesn't know who David Foster Wallace is. He was the most talented writer of his generation, and also the most tortured. He was like a comet flying by at ground level. It's rare that a writer is so inventive that when he dies the language is impoverished. Sorry, but I can't take this seriously.
>>
>>7687850
Demonstrably false.
>>
>>7687923
go ahead, demonstrate it
>>
Yeah, I'm pretty sure even my highschool english teacher was all over DFW. She was unusually cool though.
>>
Even the janitor at my primary school carried a copy of Infinite Jest in his back pocket.
>>
>>7687923
>>7687871
See: being played like a fiddle of some sort
>>
>>7686718
kek
>>
>>7686379
He probably doesn't want to discuss pleb fiction with you.
>>
>>7687918
Hahaha holy shit

Is this what you retards actually believe?
>>
>>7689808
>>7689797
I didn't know about him back then but one of my teachers always had a huge blue book on her desk and said it was funny or something. It makes me wonder if it was the Jester
>>
>>7689808
kekeroni
>>
>>7687918
I can't take you seriously.
>>
>>7690550
>>7690627
He's quoting a New York Times article from like two weeks ago.
Come on, guys.
>>
>>7690649
> there are people who believe that writing for the NYT
Jfc
>>
>>7690653
Your greenish construction fails to make grammatical sense. Maybe you could try reading a little bit more. Allow me to recommend: Infinite Jest, by one David Foster Wallace.
>>
>>7690658
You should work on reading comprehension if you think that post didn't make grammatical sense. Try reading more. May I recommend "The Cat in the Hat"?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.