[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Right Wing Propaganda Of Slavoj "One Man Genocide" Zizek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: download.jpg (105 KB, 510x348) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
105 KB, 510x348
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/02/08/zize-f08.html

> Žižek’s emergence as an open right-winger is particularly significant because he has long tried to pose as an opponent of capitalism and even as a “Marxist” or a “post-Marxist.” In pseudo-left circles of intellectuals and semi-intellectuals he has been celebrated and courted accordingly.

> In Der Speigel, Žižek gives free rein to his hatred and contempt for the oppressed and disadvantaged. His article “A Carnival of Underdogs” culminates in the sentence: “Brutality towards those weaker animals, women, is a traditional feature of the ‘lower classes.’”

> Like all right-wing propagandists, Žižek cares little for facts and seizes on individual cases—real or invented—to slander whole social or ethnic groups. This technique is well known from the anti-Semitic inflammatory writings of the Nazis, only this time it is not Jews, but Muslims, who are the scapegoats.

> The starting point of Žižek’s tirades are the events of New Year’s Eve in Cologne, which he terms an “obscene carnival of the lower classes.”

> He repeatedly warns the readers of Der Spiegel not to be swayed by sympathy for the fate of refugees. “Even if many immigrants are more or less victims who have fled from devastated countries, this does not prevent them behaving despicably.”

> He fumes against “the politically correct liberal left,” which is mobilizing its resources to downplay the incident in Cologne, and refers to “efforts to enlighten immigrants” as “breathtaking stupidity.”

> Žižek divides mankind into “three kinds of subjects”–a “Western, ‘civilized, bourgeois, liberal-democratic subject”; “those who do not belong to the West and who are obsessed by their longing for the West”; and finally, “those fascistic nihilists whose envy of the West is transformed into a deadly self-destructive hatred.”

> “Europe needs to demand of the incoming Muslims that they respect European values,” he says, and, “Europe cannot just open its borders, as some on the left demand out of a feeling of guilt.”

Where were you when Zizek was exposed as a crypto-fascist new righter?
>>
if you ain't fur it

you agin it
>>
>>7684503
>you can't be leftist unless you hold white guilt social views
What is it with american """liberals""" who haven't the faintest understanding of political views
They can't see further than their own "left/right" scale
>>
>>7684574
oh no. never chat with americans about politics. they are completely fucked up and don't really understand any of the words the way the rest of the world uses them.
>>
>>7684574

fucking this
>>
File: 1448784257369.jpg (25 KB, 318x466) Image search: [Google]
1448784257369.jpg
25 KB, 318x466
I thought this was satire until I actually opened the link
then I read the the comments
I admire Zizek for being able to stick with his principles when he has to deal with those people
>>
>>7684574

Most (highly developed) European countries also share our idpol resentment axis. Hardly any mainstream leftist politicians in the UK or Germany ignore or eschew the circus act.
>>
Pure ideology
>>
Remember how Trotskyists were denounced as Fascists by Stalinists?
>>
>>7684503
I really like Zizeks view on the immigrant crisis. Europeans shouldn't blame themselves for the situation in the East. Though they did have a percent of the hand in it, so did Clapistan, China and Russia. They shouls take migrants in but not allow for shitty behaviour. A lot of the refugees want too much. Saudi Arabia and other rich sunni states should be taking in refugees too. Very reasonable position and I agree with it.
>>
>wsws
>>
>Having expectations of people is now oppressing them.
You gotta love the current state of leftism.
>>
>>7684503
Can anyone provide a link to Zizek's original articles?
>>
>>7684754
http://www.newstatesman.com/world/europe/2016/01/slavoj-zizek-cologne-attacks
remarkably inoffensive
I'd call it apologetic even
>>
>>7684760
wincingly apologetic

what would these sandniggers have to do before the milquetoast leftists would condemn them? apparently mass rape of women and children isn't enough to justify their deportation
>>
>>7684789
Did you read the article? It's anything but apologetic:

>This is why the naive attempts to enlighten immigrants (explaining to them that our sexual mores are different, that a woman who walks in public in a mini skirt and smiles does not thereby signal sexual invitation, etc.) are examples of breath-taking stupidity – they know this and that's why they are doing it. They are well aware that what they are doing is foreign to our predominant culture, but they are doing it precisely to wound our sensitivities. The task is to change this stance of envy and revengeful aggressiveness, not to teach them what they already know very well.
>>
>>7684867
he then goes on to contradict himself by saying
>The difficult lesson of this entire affair is thus that it is not enough to simply give voice to the underdogs the way they are: in order to enact actual emancipation, they have to be educated (by others and by themselves) into their freedom.
>>
>>7684873
Deportation of criminals isn't excluded by this suggestion.
>>
>>7684503
Doesn't seem like he's right wing, just that he fell into the trap of thinking political correctness has an effect on anything. Instead of using his time to fight real battles, he's gonna waste his time on nothing.
>>
>>7684867
>>7684873

I'm not sure this is a contradiction.

In quote 1, he's talking about 'educating' the refugees into Western cultural norms.

In quote 2, he's referring to 'education' generally, with no specific reference to Western cultural norms. If he has in mind education of a different character, then he's not in contradiction. However the lack of clarity is bad style.
>>
>>7684886
>political correctness doesn't mean anything
>just obey us, you right-wing conspiracy theorist!

Fuck off Alinsky. Nobody is falling for your shit anymore.
>>
Zizek is one of the few remaining proponents of the respectable Old Left. They may be Bolshy bastards but at least they have integrity and their ideology is internally consistent. I will be happy to welcome them to the New Right/Alt-Right/Progressive Right once they get sick of having their privilege checked constantly.
>>
When they bury Zizek in his uranium coffin tossed overboard a ship to sink in the Marianne trench the pounding of his fists against the thick hull will accompany them back to port. Winds all over the world will carry sniffs and fish ten thousand meters below the earth will rise to the surface.
After a period of political incertainty the earth people will look at each other and let their head rise again from their shoulder. They have lost Zizek, finally.
Two hundred years later an overly bright comet will make some scanners beep in an observatory and when they do focus their huge lenses on the bright pinpoint they will catch a glimpse of a hand tugging at a shirt of flames and light.
Astronomers will have to decide wether it is a moral good that they should alert the world of its inescapable doom, which is a great "huis clos"
>>
>>7684503
I think when hitchens died his spirit was absorbed by zizek
>>
>>7684574
Well, they accepted being labeled "liberals" for one

Guess that goes to show something about their character and regard for protocol
>>
ITT: A bunch of fascism and racism apologists defending a racist charlatan.
>>
>>7684760
>We tend to forget that there is nothing redeeming in suffering: being a victim at the bottom of the social ladder does not make you some kind of privileged voice of morality and justice.
Love this
>>
>>7684503
>This technique is well known from the anti-Semitic inflammatory writings of the Nazis
Oy vey, >not-so-subtle implications of Zizek being ebil nazi
*furiously rubs hands together with enough force to power a single shower head*

Which of the three parts of mankind is Zizek part of?
>>
>>7685946
>By Peter Schwarz

>Schwartz was born in 1946 to Klara and Benjamin Schwartz, Hungarian Jews who had been in concentration camps and were living in a displaced persons camp in Stuttgart, Germany

oy vey
>>
Jews
>>
>>7685955
like poetry
>>
>>7685958
Le upboate :^)
>>
>>7685955
I wish I could say I'm surprised he was Jewish but it's >current year, and /pol/ memes are no longer memes.
>>
>>7685958
superb post
>>
>>7685970
/Pol/ is always right
>>
File: Ezra_Pound_1963.jpg (559 KB, 747x956) Image search: [Google]
Ezra_Pound_1963.jpg
559 KB, 747x956
>>7686005
>tfw SJW hijacking of the left will bring about a new age of glorious fascism
>>
>>7686019
Praise hitler ok
>>
le #redpillarmy
>>
>>7684503
>Žižek’s emergence as an open right-winger is particularly significant because he has long tried to pose as an opponent of capitalism and even as a “Marxist” or a “post-Marxist.” In pseudo-left circles of intellectuals and semi-intellectuals he has been celebrated and courted accordingly.

Zizek has always been self-promoting fame hound, he knows if he wants to break into american tv he needs to take a rightwing turn, then he can get a place on foxnews next to nial furgeson..the guy is like hillary clinton, he says whatever stupid shit he thinks people want to hear
>>
>>7686026
That's bs
>>
>>7684886
>political correctness controls gender, race and economic discourse in politics
>no effect
>>
>>7685922
meme tier snarl words galore
>>
>>7686033
dubs x-treme
>>
>>7686019
he is so sexy
>>
>>7686026
name me one instance where zizek has flipflopped for popularity
>>
>>7686026
Zizek has always been consistent in his rejection of New Left style social democracy and identity politics. He correctly identifies these phenomena as distractions from class consciousness and actual emancipatory action.
>>
File: hitler feels good man.jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hitler feels good man.jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
>>7686019
>tfw I'll get to hang leftists, bankers and non-whites from lampposts in my lifetime

I was starting to think it wouldn't happen
>>
>>7686062
soon
>>
>>7686019
Fascism will fizzle out just like the left did

We're all too pacified by the current consumption systems to actually execute the people that need to be executed
>>
>>7686019
>implying there won't be a civil war resulting in the rise of a new Caesar to create the new Empire of the West
>>
>>7686062
when you say non whites, are you including model minorities as well
>>
File: 144097662.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
144097662.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>7686068
>Fascism will fizzle out just like the left did
>>
>>7685938
bigot
>>
>>7686073
it will though and I'm right wing af
>>
>>7686091
he's pointing out the fact that the left hasn't and won't fizzle out
>>
what's funny to me is how now that Trump is riding high on his vow to "behead ISIS" the NY Times doesn't even cover ISIS anymore...I thnk they chopped a couple aid workers heads off last week or the week before but it was just one of those little "AP Newswire" stories and didn't get a full write up. Clearly ISIS is manufactured by the CIA to give justification to attack Syria and reinvade Iraq, but once the narrative got out of their control and started helping an "outsider" they pulled the plug on the story...seriously, I read the NY Times everyday, haven't heard a peep about ISIS in weeks...last fall it was like you'd think ISIS was about to invade Poland or some shit...if Trump or Sander doesn't win the presidency then American democracy confirmed sham.
>>
>>7686097
hahaha yeah ok
the fact that Zizek is called an open fascist in the OP should tell you all you need to know about the future of the left
>>
File: 1099007268.gif (954 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
1099007268.gif
954 KB, 250x180
>>7686105
>then American democracy confirmed sham
What, only THEN?
>>
>>7686106
if anything it'll get <progressive>ly worse
>>
>>7686068
>Fascism will fizzle out just like the left did

that's how u can tell leftism was never a serious threat to jewish capitalism, the nazis siezed the reigns of power in Germany and suddenly the whole world has to united to kill them all, but Stalin and Mao take over half the planet and we decide we can "peacefully co-exist", you can see which system is the real threat...marxism fizzled out after the creation of israel and communism was no longer useful to the jews, but fascism had to be stomped out immediately not left to "fizzle"
>>
>>7686105
>>7686112

disgusting.
>>
>>7686112
ok i should say sham of American democracy EXPOSED
>>
>>7686097
Except the left has fizzled out. The vast majority of the population in developed countries think that free-market tautologies like austerity and Laffer Curves are common sense when empirically they haven't worked once, and thinking that market mandated structures are the only possible way to structure a society

The left has been reduced to defending shitty social issues, while the right wingers continue to frame all discourse about what's really important
>>
I thought Zizek was sympathetic to the refugees. There's an interview of him saying something like, "of course I don't like them but I'll let them in because it's a matter of justice." Goddammit Zizek, why change your mind?
>>
>>7686114
Guess the Cold War never happened
>>
>>7686118
And what, the leaks after leaks of the shit the US pulls isn't an exposure of how vile the American government, and its "democracy", is? Americans barely batted an eye when the NSA leak happened, a week or two of wailing and a month later nobody remembered or cared any more. There is nothing to "expose" any more, you just look the other way and as long as the injustice doesn't affect you or those you know it doesn't matter.
>>
>>7686121
good luck getting the MASSES to see past the "shitty social issues"

the whole political process is a fucking joke -- remember how geriatric right wing politicians were dragged out by the media so that they could point and laugh at the oh so medieval homophobes?
as if something as trivial as gay marriage should influence anything beyond state politics...
>>
>>7685938
But wouldn't people who are oppressed have a better perspective of morality and justice?
>>
>>7686105
Zizek wrote an article stating that most opposition to ISIS is in fact to fight (not necessarily through actual violence) someone else through ISIS
e.g. the left says "ISIS is bad and the west created it so we have an obligation to import millions of refugees" while the right says "ISIS is merely distilled Islam so we shouldn't let all these Islamic people in", neither really care about ISIS
let's not even start on the US's foreign policy
doesn't take a genius to work out but worth mentioning
>>
>>7686133
people just move onto the next MEEM or that one goofy picture of a fucking cat. it's hopeless
>>
>>7686136
explain your reasoning.
>>
>>7686136
No, they're even more-so prone to abusing any increase in relevance or power they're given.
>>
>>7686135
>good luck getting the MASSES to see past the "shitty social issues"

Masses like those electing politicians on the basis of "he'll slash the budget" and "he'll make free enterprise come back to my country"? Those are already there, and forcing left wingers to go on the defensive every single time an expenditure issue comes along
>>
>>7686125
He didn't? He's not saying anything especially different as he was then. He held even then to the problem of having to make the refugees respect European values.
>>
>>7686143
>it's hopeless
Sign out of society as much as possible and wait for the situation in the Middle-East to climax.
>>
>>7686137
when you're putting out fires, do you reach for the water bucket or the fucker who started the fire?
>>
>>7686149
you are the masses fool.
>>
>>7686136
why? if they're oppressed because they are lazy criminals wouldn't that give them an extremely warped view of "justice"? perhaps we should ask the successful people for advice on our ethical ideas rather than failures, poor people have a "idgaf, gotta get over!" attitude which lead to corruption and vice, hardly moral exemplars
>>
>>7686136
No, why would they? *Can* they? Sure, absolutely, but it's also just as much the case that the oppressed would prefer to switch places in violent retribution.
>>
>>7686126
oh i guess i forgot the part of the cold war where we nuked communist countries, you know like we did to japan
>>
>>7686158
So are you, moron
>>
>>7686149
you think obama got voted into the white house because the zitfaced uni students assessed and agreed with his economic policies?

get real man, reason why the right wing doesn't get much public support is precisely because the left manipulates people into focusing on trivial "social issues" and use emotionally charged buzzwords to paint the opposition as some mint julip drinking homophobic plantation owner.
>>
>>7686154
ISIS is the fire
>>
>>7686169
obama got elected because wall street knew they could trust him, and he delivered, by continuing the bush bailouts, obama's policies are to the right of hillary clinton
>>
>>7686169
So we are in agreement then godammit

What was so unclear about my original point? The left is confined to social issues (and as such can only use those to win), whereas the right has the dominance in important issues like the economy

Was that so hard to understand?
>>
>>7686172
I'm sure you thought that was clever but all you've done is dodge the question.
>>
>>7686179
everyone knows the left has been reduced to tranny bathroom rights and affirmative action slots for rich african oligarchs, is anyone seriously debating their complete impotence with regard to the economy? it's over man, you lost. if ur as smart as u think u are start a business and succeed in capitalism, i.e. deal with it
>>
>>7686114
It's just that since WW2 the "international elite" / Jews have discovered more sophisticated methods of crushing opposition. They don't need massive bloodshed any more, but they are waging war on us constantly and we are so downtrodden that we can't even summon up the will to fight back.
>>
>>7686181
except I haven't?
ISIS is the problem, no one in the west is committed to properly fixing it
but yes you'd put out the fire and then immediately go after the pulpit
>>
>>7686195
>pulpit
culprit even
>>
>>7686193
thats because they've taken you out of the competition by turning u into an infantile neet or irelevnant academic...if you want to take the country back you have to build business that can compete and eventually defeat them, you're losing because you think you're not playing
>>
>>7686176
obama being elected was largely an economic decision as the final answer?

>>7686179
yeah, and I'm saying that the people are so stupid that they can't see past trivial social issues.
after all, who'd want to support a party that's "racist xenophobic homophobic and sexist"
>>
>>7686136
yes, I'm sure that's why they commit so much more crime
>>
>>7686195
god, suppose for a second that ISIS is the culprit who started the fire (rapefugees)

do you get my point now?
>>
>>7686214
I mean I always got your point it just really isn't much of a point
I wasn't even specifically talking about refugees (who should be fighting for Assad anyway)
>>
>>7684503

This is a very fine example of how gross a simplification the left/right dichotomy is.

I'm a leftist. I'd be construed as an extremist leftist by an American, being Scandinavian and all. I too consider political correctness counterproductive, and I do find mass immigration highly problematic.

The left/right dichotomy is politics simplified to the point of making it impossible to even discuss.

Also, get the fuck back to /pol/.
>>
>>7686203
>obama being elected was largely an economic decision as the final answer?

there was nothing radical about obama other than his skin, the fact that so many faux-leftist thought he was the new malcomx just shows how blinded by race they are...he was always a wall street favorite, remember kucinich was the sanders of that election, not obama
>>
>>7686224
fucking bigot
>>
>>7686230
you're essentially agreeing with me.
>>
>>7684673

Couple of things about Saudi Arabia m8.

First, they have taken a large share of refugees. The misunderstanding that they aren't taking in any refugees stems from the fact that Syrians (for example) aren't labelled refugees in Saudi Arabia, but guests.

http://www.arabnews.com/columns/news/804641

The UNHCR spokesman in the Middle East, Nabil Othman, estimates there are about 500.000 Syrians in Saudi Arabia.

Secondly, if you're fleeing from religious extremism, you really wouldn't want to go to Saudi Arabia. They're barbaric degenerates.
>>
>>7686246
>Secondly, if you're fleeing from religious extremism
implying
>>
>>7685938
I cheered when I first read it. There is nobility in experience, but there is nothing noble in suffering. These days, everyone is running to their doctors desperately looking for a psych diagnosis of some kind, upon which they blame all that is wrong with their lives and absolve themselves of responsibility.
>>
>>7686246
are you really going to pretend that the vast majority aren't opportunistic econ migrants
>>
>>7686050
This.
>>
>>7686257
thank god for dalrymple
>>
>>7684611
1/10
>>
>>7686274
he's right though
>>
>>7684574
Autists are physically incapable of appreciating nuance in anything.
>>
>>7684503

> Žižek divides mankind into “three kinds of subjects”–a “Western, ‘civilized, bourgeois, liberal-democratic subject”; “those who do not belong to the West and who are obsessed by their longing for the West”; and finally, “those fascistic nihilists whose envy of the West is transformed into a deadly self-destructive hatred.”

Actually, that was Alain Badiou.

Also

>The starting point of Žižek’s tirades are the events of New Year’s Eve in Cologne, which he terms an “obscene carnival of the lower classes.” The incidents in Cologne have been systematically blown out of proportion by the media in order to whip up a hysterical campaign against immigrants and Muslims. To date, there is no evidence that anything happened other than what regularly takes place in similar mass gatherings where much alcohol is involved.

So basically, the Peter Schwarz is implicitly calling the victims of the mass-molestation racists? Native germans apparently do this all the time, but the victims don't report it. But lo and behold, when the perpetrators are north africans, they run to the police. Is there any other explanation than racism for the discrepancy?

Schwarz is a victim-blaming piece of shit who should check his privilege.

And PC leftism is so absurd that they are now unable to move at all without stepping on someones toes.
>>
>>7686320
there is absolutely nothing that Muslims can do that will make the left criticise them or even just the religion itself
>>
>>7686320
my favorite part of the whole mass rape was that not one of those poor syrian refugees was actually from syria...moreover, how the fuck is an adult male of military age a refugee? there's no such thing, the correct term for that is "deserter".
>>
>>7686136
No, they just hold grudges and seek revenge.
>>
>>7686332
I can't remember in which video it was that Zizek talked about it, but what he said was essentially:
>you can make fun of mohammed with drawings and so on and then say "well it is free speech"
>but if you make a joke about say, women being raped, or jews, then you're a woman hater and an anti-semite and so on and you're doing hate speech

>>7686336
There's a video, I think it might actually be from VICE, and yeah I know
>VICE
but they go out and ask people in the Middle-East/Syria, women mainly if I remember, about what they think of all these men just leaving. Pretty funny all things considered.
>>
>>7686344
>you can make fun of mohammed with drawings and so on and then say "well it is free speech"
the problem is that this doesn't happen and leftists will rush to the defence of Islamic violence in response to drawings
it's hilarious because Muhammad was by all leftist measures an awful person
>>
>>7686344
>I can't remember in which video it was that Zizek talked about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzL0tGygso
>>
>>7684636
indeed. looked into the comment section and all i saw was a pseudo-intellectual circlejerk of people who knew nothing about Žižek
>>
>>7686356
But that is exactly what they did, in the name of free speech and so on. The reason it's "accepted" by these liberal hacks is that it's part of a greater composition of "Western values" and doesn't explicitly say something. It's a drawing mocking a religious character and despite it being related to Islam, the golden religious goose liberals love, it still falls under that elusive "free speech" nonsense that prevails in our media, and as Zizek says in the video, it's because it isn't part of European "culture"/tradition, it's still in the realm of being okay to make fun of(as opposed to mistreatment of women, nazis, jews, and so on). It isn't some politician or journalist saying or writing something "problematic", it's a cartoonist's scribble.

>>7686360
Ah yes that's the one. It's a pretty shit video, or interview rather, the woman talks way too much and constantly interrupts Zizek.
>>
>>7686336
>my favorite part of the whole mass rape was that not one of those poor syrian refugees was actually from syria...

Before this shit started I never realised what a bunch of fucking degenerate scumbags North Africans were. They need to be gassed, seriously.
>>
>>7684744
this

my leftist friends hate me because they believe in some degeneracy and live inside of their safe-zones
my conservative friends hate me because i don't give a shit about their 100 year-old issues and label me as a liberal
>mfw instead of uniting against the neo.-imperialist and muslim aggressors we're divided
>>
>>7686360
a walking, talking meme *sniff*
>>
>>7686026
*tips fedora*
>>
>>7686360
I wonder if he's admitted to himself that "political correctness" (I hate this term but w/e) is really just weaponised language control used by the left/establishment to suppress dissident ideas and has fuck all to do with people's feelings
the left can't exist without PC
>>
>>7686408
Doesn't he say something about that in that particular video? Anyway, I'm pretty sure he has said something about "weaponised language control".
>>
>>7684574
This, praise Stalin and so on
>>
Itt: meme opinions
>>
>>7686368
nah it's pretty good interview. she knows her stuff and keeps him on his toes. otherwise he'd ramble on and make retarded jokes and do pop culture analysis.
>>
>>7685922
pretty much
>>
>>7686457
She almost talks more than he does, and it's mostly just repetition and asking a question in a slightly different way.
>>
>>7686457
>otherwise he'd ramble on and make retarded jokes and do pop culture analysis.

I like hearing him ramble and make jokes.
>>
>>7686136
I'd imagine they're the least qualified to do such a thing. Their position causes then to lack all objectivity
>>
>>7686320
>there is no evidence that anything happened other than what regularly takes place in similar mass gatherings where much alcohol is involved.

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>7686484
as opposed to the objective oppressor
>>
>>7686494
The oppressor is more capable of being objective.
>>
>>7686169
>the right wing doesn't get much public support
What are you talking about? The United States is dominated by right wing politics and has been since the 80s.
>>
>>7686500
>The oppressor is more capable of being objective.

>>7686504
>The United States is dominated by right wing politics and has been since the 80s.
>>
>>7686504
If by "right-wing" you mean capitalist and globalist, sure. As a nationalist I hate them as much as you do.
>>
>>7686541
Why the fuck do common people defend globalist cancer? They have nothing to gain from it.
>>
>>7686500
Yes only because they're less desperate. For that reason alone they're capable of looking past sheer pragmatism.
>>
>>7686257
What he said. It saddens me to see so many young people drifting aimlessly and without achievement. They all have anxiety, or PTSD, or depression, or whatever, and they refuse to even try taking control of their lives because of their condition.

God forbid they ever make a positive change, no, they'll just continue like this, presumably forever.
>>
>>7686541
Nationalists are rightwingers too.
>>
>>7686590
Nationalists are people that give priority to national interests rather than individual
Ever heard of national socialism?
Chavez called himself nationalist iirc
>>
>>7686590
Hence the term "right-wing" is too broad to be useful. You can't lump in Hitler with Reagan.
>>
>>7686547
If the left and right hate globalism, why does it still exist?
>>
>>7686639
The far left and far right hate globalism. Moderates on both sides are willing to form opinions based on reality rather than ideology, and globalism as a positive force is well-supported by evidence.
>>
>>7684887
Lack of clarity is Zizek's greatest ability.
>>
>>7686639
The elites profit from globalism and manipulate plebs like >>7686649 into supporting their interests.
>>
>>7686717
Export-oriented jobs pay more on average. Have you looked at how prosperous isolated countries like North Korea are? Trade is always what has led to a thriving middle class.
>>
>>7686598
National Socialism is probably the single most degenerate ideology in political philosophy. Nationalism always leads to war and rampant militarism. it also causes social divides, bigotry, and especially xenophobia. And not all socialist systems are created equally, some are obviously better than others. Humans need to focus on creating a more peaceful, healthier world; with a society that is democratic, well educated, and secure in their peace of mind.
>>
>>7686613
lol wut, yes you can.
>>
>>7686274
Are you implying he's wrong? American political discourse has been so poisoned over the years by the remnants of McCarthyism that socialist and liberal are viewed as insults rather than legitimate political terms.
>>
>>7686752
Joe McCarthy is pretty much the reason /pol/ exists.
>>
>>7685873
this post would be underrated by any metric i could apply to it. fine work, you beautiful bastard
>>
>>7686485
stuff like this make me want to move into the woods. so much ideology, and these people are supposed to be the educated ones
>>
>>7686344
I tried googling around but I wasn't able to find this vice piece, if you have a better clue where I could find it I'd be pretty interested
>>
>>7686986
I have no idea who these "On the Ground News" people are, but this is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8n-eo5fDYU
I really thought it was VICE, seems like a VICE thing to do.
>>
>>7687002
did you really think 2016 VICE would go against the refugee narrative
>>
you know, about political correctness
if you examine most politically "incorrect" statements you will notice they're often factually incorrect, being rife with all sorts of dumb shit: race and gender essentialism, historical ignorance, revisionism, colonisation denialism, ignorance on topics like gender dysphoria and mental illness, naive moral anti-realism, free will metaphysics used as a tool against disenfranchised groups (why didn't the poor make the free choice to pull himself out of poverty) and so on
another type of politically incorrect statements are simply value judgements, like "trannies have a zyklon b deficiency"
is there anything defensible about this? why is it important that everyone can hear another mini Hitler rant about the niggers and the fags and decline of western civilization and so on
>>
>>7688361
>factually incorrect
>>
>>7688361
yeah man all those bad bad wrong thoughts are just factually incorrect the link between race and intelligence (and crime) doesn't exist it's just those dang racists at it again
>>
>>7688361
>gender essentialism
>dumb shit
>>
>>7684647
This. Russia is the only white country where left-wing nationalism is a thing.
>>
>>7688370
it exists solely because of the disgusting socioeconomic state certain races are in, which itself is a result of those small tiny historical influences like slavery, years of economic oppression that prevented black people from achieving any wealth, redlining, segregation, literal race riots breaking out when negros are deemed too rich (greenwood, Tulsa)
if you believe its possible to get smart successful under these circumstances, youre retarded
>>
>>7688387
>it exists solely because of the disgusting socioeconomic state certain races are in
yeah man twin studies and adoption studies don't mean anything experienced sociologists never thought of controlling for socioeconomic factors or nothing
Muslims in the west only rape because they're not given enough benefits and someone drew a picture of their prophet it has nothing to do with culture or genetics (99% of Egyptian women have been sexually assaulted but that's irrelevant ok)
political correctness only exists to make sure we all only tell the Truth™ at all times peace love and tabula rasa ok, praise chomsky
>>
>>7688387
I would ask you to imagine a circumstance in which you were both right. That minorities have been abysmally treated, for no justifiable reason, and this has had a horrific effect on them in the past and at present. And also that they are in some way genetically different such that their behavior or capabilities are diminished or simply different. It is also laughably ridiculous to assume that all the people Europeans have attacked, and vice versa, are a homogenous entity.

Now I'm not saying this is the case, because I don't believe either of us are geneticists? And i don't believe geneticists themselves have unraveled the meaning of the human genome, let alone its differences in different populations?

You don't actually have anything to back up either of these suppositions. You have no factual genetic evidence, and you have no unquestionable historical-sociological theory. You are doing the exact same thing as the racist, scientifically, and even intellectually speaking. You are just on different sides.

When you say 'it exists solely because', you mean 'it might exist partly because'.
>>
>>7688400
wow that's a pretty disgusting way of talking
anyway get back to me when you find the "dumb negro gene", one that makes negros so dumb
>>
>>7688427
ok after you fax me over the "equality gene"
>>
>>7688433
strong comeback friend
anyway here's two facts
>99.5 of genes are shared by all humans
>the ones that arent don't divide people into groups of smart whites and dumb negros
>>
>>7688443
yeah we're also 98.8% similar to chimps
basically equal you fucking bigot someone dox this guy and send death threats to his family
>>
>>7688454
You forgot the
>the ones that arent don't divide people into groups of smart whites and dumb negros
part
>>
>>7688443
>99.5 of genes are shared by all humans
nonesense, europeans and asians have anywhere from 2-5% neanderthal dna, while africans have none...so maybe pure humans are just more prone to violence and rape and cavemans are more prone to advanced mathematics and art
>>
>>7684574
Honestly, if you complain a lot about "white guilt" like it's a serious problem, you probably are racist. I'm not even saying it doesn't exist, but it's pretty clear some white people just want to emulate the victim status that minorities get instead of fixing anything broken about the system.
>>
>>7689220
You think neanderthals didn't share genes with homo sapiens before they interbred? Also learn to distinguish between interspecies variation and genome-wide variation, dipshit. Those neanderthal genetics you ramble about are also shared by Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans.
>>
>>7689243
>Those neanderthal genetics you ramble about are also shared by Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans.

no shit fuckwit, they had to cross asia to get there
>>
>>7689239
>racist for claiming the existence of a white guilt sentiment
no
>>
>>7686136
Why would they? You could equally assert that they're likely to be more vindictive towards the people they think wronged them.
>>
>>7686136
You should've kept reading anon:
"...'barbarian' lower class refugees who steal, harass our citizens, behave violently towards women, defecate in public... Instead of dismissing all this as racist propaganda, one should gather the courage to discern a moment of truth in it: brutality, up to outright cruelty towards the weak, animals, women, etc, is a traditional feature of the “lower classes”; one of their strategies of resisting those in power always was a terrifying display of brutality aimed at disturbing the middle-class sense of decency."

While you might honor the oppressed classes by claiming them to be introspective of their position, the reality is much more crude and reactionary.
>>
Displacing people from cultures where it isn't customary for women to even show their hair, into modern western cultures where even public advertising is often pornographic could not possibly lead to sexual frustrations and rampant crimes(rape, sexual harassment) of the sort that is caused by sexual frustration?
You even need to have an argument that this could not possibly be true any more it seems.
>>
>>7689308

damn, zizek wrote this? he might not be as much of a sniveling jackass as i once thought
>>
>>7689370
there are plenty of sexually frustrated white people but unlike those of african origin (the rape posses were morrocan) they instead wack it to degenerate japanese cartoons in the privacy of their own home
>>
>>7684574
100% correct
>>
>>7689427
or like Elliott Rodger they kill a bunch of people
>>
>>7686136
There actually was a psychology study done that correlated being discriminated against with discriminating against others
>>
>>7689451
he was chinese
>>
>>7689479
that's why poor people are so fucking conservative about everything, rich liberals who are comfortable just don't get it...
>>
>>7689481
half chinese, half white. he was ashamed of being asian for some reason so I guess I can't say that his ethnicity didn't contribute to his worldview but I think he did identify as a white guy.
>>
>>7689493
everyone would identify as a white guy if they could, doesn't make it so, he was raised by a whorish smothering asian mother
>>
File: 1430352318654.jpg (563 KB, 1200x1849) Image search: [Google]
1430352318654.jpg
563 KB, 1200x1849
>>7689451
>>7689493
Eurasians are fucked in the head
https://www.reddit.com/r/hapas/
>>
>>7689507
>>7689507
that cartoon shows u why nerds who fall for the yellow fever meme are disgusting betas
>>
File: 1409216849099.jpg (53 KB, 495x649) Image search: [Google]
1409216849099.jpg
53 KB, 495x649
>This guy DARES to criticize our modern leftist circlejrek, therefore he must be a racist right-winger!!!!!!111!!!!

>also did I mention RACISM and SEXISM becasue everyone who even slightly disagrees with me is a RACIST and SEXIST and literally everything wrong with the world can be traced back to RACISM and SEXISM (◡‿◡)

>also economics aren't real because the government has an infinite magic pot of gold and everything would be just fine if it wasn't for those RACISTS and SEXISTS >:((((

I mean I'm not denying that racism and sexism exists but this is just getting ridiculous. Can we have Stalin back please?
>>
>>7686114
>the nazis siezed the reigns of power in Germany and suddenly the whole world has to united to kill them all

pretty sure that hitler threw the first stone in every possible instance there, son
>>
>>7689507
Is that from that weird comic about the giant floating semen?
>>
File: o-RICHARD-DAWKINS-facebook.jpg (219 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-RICHARD-DAWKINS-facebook.jpg
219 KB, 1536x1024
>>7686456
>>
>>7689721
he had no choice after the unfair treaty against germany from ww1, he did what he had to in order to save his country from debt slavery after being stabbed in the back by zionist jews both within germany and abroad
>>
>>7689864
Nice try, Goebbels.
>>
>>7689420
And there we go again.

Damnit, why didn't I save the intelligence-to-taking-Žižek-seriously chart?
>>
>>7686408
>implying the establishment is in any way left-wing and not just ultraliberalism with a thin coating of PC
>>
>>7688361

>"trannies have a zyklon b deficiency"

Good one. Borrowing that.

>gender essentialism

Testosterone leads to behavioral change. Increases ambition, motivation, and risk-tolerance. Also promotes pro-social behavior in bargaining games, esp. when given to women (whereas women who got placebo but thought they got testosterone acted like dicks).

I mean, I'm an idiot, but I'm sincere when I'm saying I have a hard time seeing how anyone can believe in non-essentialism when science basically discredits it.
>>
>>7686639
liberal globalism is shit tier, proletarian internationalism is cool AF
>>
>>7689902
the Cathedral's power is drawn from academia which is undoubtedly left wing
t. Professor Land
>>
>>7689864
>muh November Criminals
Hate to break this to you senpai, but Germany saved itself from a soviet style communist revolution by forming the republic and ending the war.
>>
>>7685938
>>We tend to forget that there is nothing redeeming in suffering: being a victim at the bottom of the social ladder does not make you some kind of privileged voice of morality and justice.
The scariest thing about all this is how the above sentiment is not common sense.
>>
>>7689940
it is if u read nietzsche
>>
>>7689913
nah, academia has become increasingly irrelevant. the 'influential' media-meme academics, especially in america are pretty much all social liberals, concerned about tenures, speaking appointments etc. Whereas the silicon valley types (eg. the google guys, peter thiel, etc.) are just a more pragmatic, politically correct strand of neo-reaction in both their goals and ambitions.
>>
>>7689906
Do you know how to read a scientific statement and draw conclusions? The fact that women who got placebos and thought they got testosterone acted in the way that you're supposed to act (i.e. the social construct of a man) is evidence against gender essentialism.
>>
>>7689945
they not all political correct, see the lynching of brendon eich, on the other hand if his best engineers are trannies and fags then he should have checked himself before causing a braindrain
>>
>>7689945
>nah, academia has become increasingly irrelevant
so has the Cathedral my man
which really just suggests that they are indeed intrinsically linked
>>
>>7689954
we free now, it's every man for himself in these streets, son
>>
>>7688361
colonisation denialism,
>implying africans/indians weren't living on mudhuts before we got there
>implying they didn't revert to barbarism according to every conceivable metric as soon as white people had to stop baby seating them

race and gender essentialism
>read: denying the proven reality of sex/gender differences in rationality/intelligence/creativity because muh feels

"trannies have a zyklon b deficiency"
>implying this is not true
>>
>>7689965
What's the application of race/gender essentialism at the individual level, though? Aside from the obvious "women can get pregnant" in relation to the job market. Wouldn't not hiring someone solely because of his skin colour be equal to "muh feels" as well (given several candidates of similar qualifications)?
>>
>>7689954
what was the last time far-left marxist academics actually ran the show behind the curtains? clinton era?
>>
>>7689971
>Wouldn't not hiring someone solely because of his skin colour be equal to "muh feels" as well (given several candidates of similar qualifications)?
but you leftists are the ones for hiring underqualified dindus bcause muh divershitty
>>
>>7689972
>clinton era

brah, clinton signed NAFTA and ended "welfare as we know it" not to mention increased the prison population and sent in Worldbank and IMF stooges to fuck up the former Soviet republics with "shock therapy"
>>
>>7689976
Who said I'm a leftist? My bookshelf would prove otherwise. See what you're doing now, using /pol/-tier ad hominems instead of trying to address the issue.
>>
>>7689971
reversion to the mean, my friend. they might be on the right side of the bell-curve, but still doesn't mean it's a good idea to just let them in on the european gene pool. besides we are genetically programmed to look out for our closest biological kin, and 'diversity' can disrupt that order in many ways
>>
>>7689258
yes
>>
>>7689965
>implying africans/indians weren't living on mudhuts before we got there
I seriously want to this meme to die, it's just as bad as WE WUZ KINGZ.
>>
They throw the same shit at his collegues Mouffe and Agamben, purely because they utilise Carl Schmitt's work (ie Nazi monster)
>>
>>7689980
Clinton is the most successful president of Global Neo-liberal captialism in the last century. It astounds me to think American's believe he is in any way "left"
>>
>>7690016
Shh, you're killing the "history is 0s and 1s" circlejerk.
>>
>>7686026
You should be embarrassed, because it's clear to pretty much everyone that this isn't true. Zizek hasn't changed his stance at all, the political climate has just shifted and he's still publishing papers about current events so he gets attacked. Go see what he was saying in 2005 about liberals and it was exactly the same.
>>
>>7690031
zizek is a lightweight, it just shows the poverty of public discourse that this guy is the only guy writing at an adult level...sure, when he writes an op-ed for the ny times it's probably the best thing to grace those pages in months, but only because the ny times is a mouthpiece for zionist banking outfits which publish the most bland mind numbing and least insightful "commentary" humanly possible
>>
>>7690016
>I seriously want to this meme to die
oy vey! shut it down the goyim know
>>
>>7689972
Most years since 1968.
>>
>>7690049
I doubt zizek I'll come to the conclusion zizek is a lightweight from it but I am unironically curious who you would recommend as a heavyweight contemporary philosopher
>>
>>7690068
More like, oh no William the blacks know, kill the archeologists for the glory of Rhodesia
>>
>>7690166
there are tons of hard hitting marxists and social critics writing today, they just aren't self promote meme-men with funny jokes and sexy book titles, you call urself a leftist and u think zizek is worth a shit? laff
>>
File: images (21).jpg (10 KB, 327x154) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
10 KB, 327x154
>>7690166
>>7690049
I think you have touched on why he is such an intellectual heavyweight. he is able to condense philosophy into 5 second sound bites that the masses can understand. well not understand but be entertained. they will then proceed to take selfies with their iphones in high fashion then post it with a tweet about the evils of consumerism. but at least he has found a way to make it a part of the pop discourse again in his small part. remember the wider audience he is trying to reach is more familiar with the works of jayden smith.
>>
>>7689965
here's my proven realities
vast number of men shitpost on image boards with discredited 18th century pseudoscience despite having all the opportuniies to succeed
ergo, men are clearly the losers in the intelligence comparison
they also commit like 90% of the crime too
i guess we all know what this means , time to build that anti-man wall, dick carriers have clearly proven they are incapable of living in a civilized society
>>
>>7690215
at least the men are trying to have an enriching cultural discourse.

where do I go to find women who are doing this? please i need to know.
>>
>>7690220
well you are talking to one
>>
>>7690222
trannies are not real women ssry
>>
>>7690222
were you born with a penis though?
>>
>>7690176
not that poster but what are some examples you recommend of hard hitting contemporary marxists?
>>
>>7690285
ta-hseni coats
>>
>>7690227
>>7690228
arguing about the "authenticity" of arbitrary labels like "music" "man" "woman" (another thing males do often BTW) is just retarded, especially when you try to pose it like le objective truth when its just your opinion on what a certain set of people should and shouldn't include
>>
>>7690290
i said hard hitting contemporary marxists, not niggers
>>
>>7689507
This was published with those obvious grammatical errors?
>>
>>7690290
Is he even a Marxist?

If he counts, you can throw in almost any social justice activist; they're all interchangeable.
>>
>>7690285
richard wolff, isvan metszaros, i'm not really into childish fantasies anymore so i cant remember them all off the top of my head, but there are tons of resentful professors out there who have to publish books, go pick up a copy of "new left review", "monthly review" or "rethinking marxism" and then read the book reviews, any decent uni is going to have subscription to all of those
>>
>>7690334
obviously english is the mother's second language you fucking mong
>>
>>7690312
transdegenderate comfirmed go tumblr pls and take youur pomo sophistry with you
>>
>>7690355
Oh shit. I literally stopped reading on the line just before she said Beijing. kek
>>
>>7690312
Those manly hands do not lie, sorry you are mentally ill but don't force your psychosis onto the rest of us
>>
>>7690355
>*SMAK*
>>
>>7690312
Please stop trying to impress. It's just an indicator of you being an actual idiot.
>>
>>7690312
preop?if so wanna get some skinny whiteboypussy srs its a fantasy of mine so if you anywere near houston just let me know
>>
This thread was ace while it lasted
>>
>>7690443
>>7690435
>>7690395
>>7690393
if you wanted to convince me how cool and smart men are, you failed
its just accusations of insufficient womanhood and pathetic autism all the way down
still no sight of someone showing me that region of the Y chromosome that makes men so creative and wise
>>
>>7684503
>Žižek’s emergence as an open right-winger
Saged, hidden, reported
>>
File: 1448818020960.jpg (100 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1448818020960.jpg
100 KB, 499x499
>>7684503
>anyone that isn't an identity political """"""left"""""" liberal / """"""anarchist"""""" is a actually a Hitler
>>
>>7690461
But...you do have a y chromosome. So you have the same ability as any man (even if you think you're a dog in a horses stable). Anyway I fap to trannies, no shame in it, I'll call you a woman if you want but I'm just humouring you out of politeness - I don't wanna trigger people
>>
wat?

Is anybody disagreeing with me that the author in the OP just quotes lines from Zizeks latest article and adds
>I don't like that view, it's racist
after every quote?

And is the author in the OP denying that there's gonna be problems when 100.000 more (young) men than women enter an area.

The only point I find worth a thought is to what extent the European nations should go down with the military, where Zizek just seen no other way.
>>
>>7684574
>American liberals
Have you even been to Europe?

Anyway this isn't much a development desu
Most intellects you meet aren't left "liberals"
They all generally wear that mask though because their lives can be ruined otherwise and their not so stupid as to be ignorant of that fact

Effective censorship still exists and its kinda disgusting how much you see in say academia
It's an insidious censorship too
https://youtu.be/4CCoURt_GWw
Here's a good video from the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education on it
>>
File: sofia_jamora.png (592 KB, 506x600) Image search: [Google]
sofia_jamora.png
592 KB, 506x600
>>7689370
Don't those people consume internet porn just as much?
>>
>>7690538
They're*
>>
File: Chromesun_kincaid_site_01.jpg (78 KB, 503x400) Image search: [Google]
Chromesun_kincaid_site_01.jpg
78 KB, 503x400
>>7690068
You manichees only make the world a more boring place.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.