[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Outsider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: The Outsider.jpg (51 KB, 403x540) Image search: [Google]
The Outsider.jpg
51 KB, 403x540
What's the point of this book?
>>
>>7683571

It's okay to act autistic during a funeral and then murder someone because life is meaningless, man.
>>
>>7683571

It shows to what extent morality is a arbitrary and a construct.

In the ilght of post-modernism, it isn't as ground-breaking as it was back in the day (of modernism).

It's well-written enough that you can enjoy it without foregrounding the philosophy though.
>>
>>7683579

Oh yeah, and I also forgot about the time he helps an abusive husband, because who cares if a woman gets beat up! Life's meaningless!
>>
Colin Wilson > Albert Camus
>>
>>7683571
This one's a bad translation. Reread the one titled "The Stranger"
>>
>>7683585
You say that like you’re not supposed to find Mersault weird. (Pedantry: boyfriend, not husband.)
>>
>>7685292
the outsider has more sense, you know
>>
I thought you were talking about "The Outsiders" and I was like nigga we read that shit in middle school nigga what don't you understand, shits easy af lmao
>>
Why do people shit on camus so much here?
>>
>>7685382
Is a meme dude
>>
>>7685385
Like this >>7685085 ?
>>
>>7685382
Camus, Albert. Dislike him. Second-rate, ephemeral, puffed-up. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me. Awful.
>>
>>7685330
That's what I thought too, judging the translation by its title. But read them both and you'll see the difference.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.