[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up at 5 AM >work until 4 PM >get home >try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160209_174453.jpg (119 KB, 737x543) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160209_174453.jpg
119 KB, 737x543
>wake up at 5 AM
>work until 4 PM
>get home
>try to read
>too tired to focus, end up shitposting and fucking around on the internet instead
>only read on the weekends

How do I fix this?
>>
>>7680818
Become and aristocrat and acquire a lot of free time to do the things you love, like reading.
I'm not kidding. As long as you're a wage salve you wont have the time nor the energy to focus to read.
>>
>>7680818
caffeine
>>
>>7680818
Take an hour nap, you idiot
>>
>>7680818
I do the same thing except I end up reading 500 pages over the weekend. I'm content.
>>
>>7680818
>sanic not being on top
Ya dun goofed, son.
>>
>>7680818
>no christopher hitchens

>no schopenhauer
>>
>>7680818
Marx's fanbase isn't autistic, just annoying and misinformed.
>>
>>7680818
Are you me?
When I started this job several months ago, I was able to still read a couple hours each night, but this has been reduced to a couple hours only a couple nights during the week for the past few weeks. I'm hoping it's just a result of the additional stress I've been under and will soon pass.

>>7680833
I already suffer from horrible insomnia, taking a nap makes it impossible for me to sleep more than a couple hours.
>>
>>7680826
Calling bullshit on this. I'm a STEM wage cuck and I still have time to read about five books per month. I don't even spend all my free time reading.
>>
>>7680853
A lot of those people also have an autistic hatebase and I think Marx takes the top spot in that case.
>>
>>7680860
>five books per month
Jesus this is depressing.
>>
>>7680862
>marx's autistic hatebase
I didn't took that in consideration. You're right.
>>
>>7680831
Hate this meme. Has never worked.
>>
>>7680844
*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes pepper spray*
*Don't call anybody*
>>
>>7680883
Then do what zizek does to read, write and give conferences all the time, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>7680860
>5 books per month
That's terrible
>>
>>7680866
>>7680899
We got it, he's evil. Stop memeposting.
>>
File: 7090605.jpg (21 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
7090605.jpg
21 KB, 437x437
>>7680866
Did you get published yet?
>>
>>7680883
buy ephedrine fag
>>
File: 1340943343476.jpg (8 KB, 180x181) Image search: [Google]
1340943343476.jpg
8 KB, 180x181
>>7680818
Adderall, senpai. Go to any psychiatrist and fake the symptoms of ADHD. You'll walk out with a prescription. Failing that, you can always go buy some illegally from a kid on any college campus.
>>
>>7680833
Usually if I try to take a short nap I end up sleeping for like 3 hours, and fucking myself over even more.
>>
>>7680912
I have a Vyvanse script. I can't take it more than twice a week though because tolerance builds so quickly.
>>
>>7680921
This. I tried to sleep a 20 minutes nap and ended up sleeping 3 hours.
>>
>>7680912
Adderall is basically weak meth though. You're going to fuck your brain up.
>>
>>7680963
It is safer since it is purer. But even if it wasn't, I would rather take it and get more accomplished during my youth than to potentially live longer. I'm not looking forward to old age and I might die before I get to that point anyway. At that point not taking adderall would have been the tragedy since I would die before the negative effects had a chance to hurt me.
>>
>>7680818
I have thought the same as you lately, until
>Get off work
>Stressful as fuck day and have to meet people later in the evening
>Go home and immediately just sit and read
>Realize it's a form of meditation and chills me out

I may only get a chapter in, but I'm reading. Same for my writing. If I take my notebook or laptop to work with me and leave work with the intention of going straight to the nearest hipster death hole (read: Starbucks) to have dinner and write for an hour or so. And I always end up getting good work done, rather than if I go straight home and either fall asleep or sit around and do nothing and listen to my next door neighbor's toddler run back and forth until two in the morning.
>>
>>7680818
>Sanic in tier III
>Marx in tier IV
>MC Ride included in there at all

Who made this, /b/?
>>
>>7680826
>wage salve

Citizen
>>
>>7680818

Jesus, who the fuck is the guy between Ataturk and Sanic? He's the only one I can't name

Is he Rouhani or Khamenei? The black turban indicates Supreme Leader status, right? Is it one of the previous ones?
>>
>>7680963

>You're going to fuck your brain up.

Stimulant neurotoxicity is a meme invented to keep the white man down.

Purported observation of it isn't much correlated with neuropsychological performance or subjective ratings of mood and behavior.

The neurotoxicity can hypothetically become substantial, but animal studies show this to only occur in super severe, super prolonged lifelong dosing. It doesn't really parallel human usage.

In fact, dosage over years given to clinical populations at therapeutic levels might actually improve aspects of cognitive function, in terms of tested performance and neuroanatomy.
>>
kindle at lunch
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.