[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you people stay focused when reading? My wanders off after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1454411726996.jpg (836 KB, 1279x1919) Image search: [Google]
1454411726996.jpg
836 KB, 1279x1919
How do you people stay focused when reading? My wanders off after reading one page, after that I have to reread sentences before I finally get what's written.

It's not like like I'm forcing myself to read, I really like reading but It happens with any damn book I read. Quite disheartening desu...

What gives? Any tips?
>>
>>7680371
Find a D E S I G N A T E D reading spot. All jokes aside, if you have a room at home or a favorite cafe where the only thing you do is read, simply going there will make reading easier and easier as you get more accustomed to it. Take your phone to listen to some background music, but don't take a laptop which can be much more distracting.

And then just read more. It gets easier with time. Also taking notes, whether in book margins, a separate notebook, or both, will force you to interact more actively with the text, and will prevent you from flipping a page if you aren't 100% sure what was written on it.
>>
>>7680384
This

What sucks for me is I've created my designated reading spot as waiting areas when I have nothing better do between either classes or other activities

It's actually fucked me up since I have trouble sitting down and reading at home
>>
Going through the same. It's annoying as fuck, might start taking notes like
>>7680384
Suggested
>>
>>7680371
my mind wanders off after reading one page too,
it happens every time. I found that the first 10-20 minutes of reading is always a write-off and there is no way to focus.

but if i get past that first 20 minutes I start to get into the book and the rhythm and then my mind slowly goes into focus.

so OP let your mind wander and realize you're not going to be reading well at first, but you'll sink into focus
>>
I some times jiggle my leg and honest to god it makes me fuse with page
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.