[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't you ever get tired of reading...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 0001048521_10.jpg (373 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
0001048521_10.jpg
373 KB, 900x1200
...and want to be productive?
>>
Productive as in write own shit?
Yes.
>>
>>7678432
Reading is productive, retard
>>
>>7678438
not completely...
>>
>>7678436
yea
>>
As in living life more fully instead of lying in bed reading, yes.
As in writing, no.
>>
>>7678440
?
Kill urself my man
>>
>>7678432
Do you not feel like you are getting anything from reading? What would you do instead?

I personally feel quite productive as I'm reading because I feel that I learn something I want to know, as I do it.
>>
>>7678477
Reading is beautiful, I learn new things (especially reading philosophy). It's just that sometimes it feels like a passive activity.
>>
>>7678488
Well if you're not reading as a mean to an end, or the end itself, it could be quite passive.
What would you want to do instead?
>>
>>7678438
>This is what nerds believe.
>>
i tried being productive once, and it was awful.
>>
balance in everything lads
>>
I cannot read without tending to grow in verbosity and eventually I cannot contain it any longer and it results in productivity of some sort or the other. In short, appreciation results in productivity. They don't belong in mutually exclusive sets.
>>
>>7678495
do something on my own. Create something personal. Sometimes I write my thoughts but I don't see myself writing a novel
>>
Pure ideology.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 470x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 470x668
you say that, and yet you're on 4chan right now
>>
literally no, if i could read forever and never worry about food and shit i would be so happy
>>
>>7678432
Yes, that's when I masturbate.
>>
People like you have such a retarded definition of "productive".

To you, it's more "productive" to go out and party and drink and fuck, than to read a book and learn
>>
>>7678634
No, they are the same thing. For productive I mean something that you create.
>>
>>7678638
when i read i create a structure of understanding inside my memory that is a reflection of the original thought-object of the author.

therefore reading is productive
>>
>>7678642
It doesn't came to you, as you said it is a reflection of the author's thoughts. When you write something on your own, you create in the very sense of the word.
>>
>>7678638
That's creative, then.
Finishing up your leftover accountant work is productive. Creative, it is not.
>>
>>7678655
so you compare reading with finishing up your leftover accountant work?
>>
>>7678642
Most adolescent reply I've seen on /lit/ in weeks
>>
>>7678648
just because it's a reflection doesn't mean i don't construct it. furthermore readings can inspire one to create in a variety of ways.

>>7678740
don't be a sore loser, anon.
>>
>>7678432
Yeah, but then I just clean my house and cook dinner and think 'wew lad that was enough activity for the day' and enjoy doing nothing again.
>>
>>7678642
when you get drunk you create some chemical shit in your brain that is an effect of drinking alcohol

therefore getting drunk is productive
>>
Not tired at all. I feel full of shit, ideas and situations I want to express in some way. So I write.
>>
>>7678785
aye

so
>>
>>7678634
I would say that considering my life. I read because I'm too much of a loser to do those things.
>>
>>7678609
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Ya, it's all about getting things done.
>>
>>7678523
>nerds
where.jpg
>>
File: William Smithspeare.jpg (72 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
William Smithspeare.jpg
72 KB, 850x400
OP no
>>
>>7678432
I consider reading productive. I gotta read good if I want to write good.
>>
I'm productive all day long, reading is my leisure activity. And plus, when I'm not reading something that is pure, shallow fiction, I'm learning either history or new ideologies.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.