[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this concept for a short play: A farce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Picture 3.png (84 KB, 587x497) Image search: [Google]
Picture 3.png
84 KB, 587x497
What do you think of this concept for a short play:

A farce about four players performing three plays from the career of a fictional playwright. The three plays vary in style and show the progression of the playwright's life.
>>
anything can be good.
>>
>>7676622
Is what I have now good?
>>
>>7677020

No.
>>
>>7677022
Oh ok
>>
I literally rolled my eyes.
>>
Keep going, Anon-Kun, I believe in you.
>>
>>7676159
Could be funny if and only if you write clever dialogue. I'm pretty tired of reading these overwrought concepts, though, so I wouldn't really be interested either way.
>>
I think it's fun. Take the idea and play around with it. Read a lot. Other plays. Talk with members of the opposite sex. A lot.
Don't play video games.

DO NOT. PLAY. VIDEO GAMES.

Don't think about actors just yet. Just think about people and places, times and events that are important to you. It's farce, so hopefully the movement of the dialogue should be quick to think up, and fun to write. I can tell you've read a bit, maybe you're at an "ok" school, but at the end of everything all that matters is the story that you've written. It's a first draft. send it over when you're happy with the first act.
>>
I have a fucking brilliant idea for a short play or even sketch but I'm afraid to tell anybody out of fear that they'll steal it, and I myself definitely can't do it justice with my meager writing talents.

Tragic really, how I'll jealously guard this spark of brilliance for the rest of my days.
>>
>>7677285
Share it cmon man wtf
>>
>>7677285
ideas are worth shit man. if you can't do it and someone else can, why wouldn't you share it? if it truly is that great - which i seriously doubt - you could always hire a ghost writer.
>>
>>7677105
>DO NOT. PLAY. VIDEO GAMES
why?
>>
>>7676159
who gives a fuck about them players if the main theme of the story is the author's life?
you could also make them actors react to the story and making conflicts and shit. read the kiss of the spider woman by Manuel Puig
>>
>>7679244

Video games provide you with barely any intellectual stimulation. I know a lot of nerds will say shit like, "muh hand eye cooridination," or "muh strategic skills," but those things don't help you become a unique and mature individual at all. I guess they can be a fun time-waster, but if you let video gaming become a significant part of your life, you'll end up emotionally stunted and unfit to create good art.
>>
>>7677285
i had a great idea once also, but i forgot it some time ago.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.