[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should books be considered as anything other than entertainment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1454810172096.jpg (120 KB, 646x494) Image search: [Google]
1454810172096.jpg
120 KB, 646x494
Why should books be considered as anything other than entertainment? Why am I supposed to take half assed half hidden philosophy in books seriously?
>>
Kill yourself hedonist
>>
>>7672066
>Why should books be considered as anything other than entertainment?
Because they can be more?

Between a book that's entertaining and a book that's entertaining but also thought-provoking, why would you choose the former?
>>
The more likely to please you event called Super Bowl is about to start, why don't you go watch with your likewise stupid friends and leave this board? Saged and reported.
>>
>>7672066
Because there is little to no restriction on books

It's why 99% of books are just absolute shit like seriously most books in a library could be burned and nothing would be lost

But that 1% takes advantage of its freedom and does something great
Books are probably one of the greatest examples of liberty in existence
You can put anything into a book
>>
>>7672066
dude weed lmao
>>
Guys, I'm srs. I'm a /lit/izen ffs.

Will you guys at least admit that the english as a degree is a waste of time? /lit/ will never ever admit that literary theory is shit
>>
>>7672581
>waste of time
>implying time and life have any value
You can't waste meaningless shit, lad
>>
File: why books r gud.png (30 KB, 774x264) Image search: [Google]
why books r gud.png
30 KB, 774x264
>>
/lit/erature is only valuable unto itself

aka incest
>>
>>7672581
>Will you guys at least admit that the english as a degree is a waste of time?

To whom? It's not a waste of my time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.