[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm curious about something. Do you folks in /lit/ often
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
I'm curious about something. Do you folks in /lit/ often dvelve into books like pic related?
>>
There is a surprisingly decent amount of occultists here I think but they kind of come out haphazardly
>>
what do you mean esoteric books or encyclopedias of things? or encyclopedias of esoteric things?
>>
>>7668431

Is OP's pic a good introduction if I want to learn more about demonology?
>>
>>7668515
Encyclopedias of esoteric things mainly, or esoteric books in general. I am not sure why it interests me, I just find it fascinating to read lists of supernatural and mythical things and learn "facts" about them. Might also explain why I got into Pokemon so easily as a kid.
>>
File: Goetia.jpg (5 KB, 162x243) Image search: [Google]
Goetia.jpg
5 KB, 162x243
>>7668526
>>
>>7668431
Yeah, love a bit of mythology.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 300x429
Pic related is a good esoteric read. It's allegedly the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, an alleged ancient as hell figure in Egypt.

Alchemy is interesting to read about, especially when it's considered as a symbolic process of spiritual transfiguration.
>>
I did after some 2spooky4u business and two encounters with succubi

protip: they aren't on your side, don't be foolish dudes

but yeah 2 years of studying the esoteric, albeit somewhat loosely, and I came to understand that that shit is straight up bad mojo-jojo. Like, don't do it unless you're willing to part ways with something inside you that you may not value right now, but when it starts to slip away (and hopefully at this point you stop, numb-nuts) you'll deeply regret.
>>
File: tripleD.jpg (33 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
tripleD.jpg
33 KB, 351x500
>>7668431
I recommend this to you. It has a bit more scientific approach and delves deeper into etymologies and such.
>>
I'm not into the whole pop encyclopaedia aspect but Norman Cohen's Europe's Inner Demons is absolutely essential if you want to read about western occultism.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.